AdService:GetAvaliableAds()

Reason:

There is no way I can track this for mobile ads, and I would like to display they can see X more ads for more money, plus even if an ad doesn’t show, rendering does stop and starts again causing render to look weird for a moment.

Basically, I would like a way to know and display how many ads a user can see.

2 Likes

This should be possible using AdService:VideoAdClosed.

I believe it’s 5 ads per hour. So, with data stores, each time one is displayed save the timestamp. When one of them exceed an hour, an ad can be played again.

I have that in place, but I don’t want to have a button to display they can view an ad, and they reach the limit of 5 per hour across all games, then complain to me about how it is broken.

[quote]
I believe it’s 5 ads per hour. So, with data stores, each time one is displayed save the timestamp. When one of them exceed an hour, an ad can be played again. [/quote]

It’s five per hour across ALL games? I thought it was only per game :open_mouth:

If it’s done per all games it’s probably because people would loop teleport alts to different places they owned for infinite Robux.

1 Like

Source: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Mobile_Video_Ads (Number of views section)
If my math is right, it would be 240 Robux per account per hour if they kept switching places with teleports taking 0 seconds. So limiting through all games is a good idea.