All sounds play on loop at once when joining game

Try restarting the server, a change was made in the past 20 minutes that should fix the problem mentioned.

Alright, will do.

Joined this place just now, and got the errors.
Also, is this what’s making my place load slower than usual? I usually never see the terrain loading before my custom loading screen appears.

Can you post the errors you see? They should only be server errors.

FYI, the updated sound code will print errors in several cases where the old code did not. Specifically setting the SoundId of a Sound object to an invalid/unaccessible value.

It is possible. Servers will now load the actual assets of the sound files, and if you block on that loading may be significantly slower.

Can you describe what you do sound-wise in your networked code (things in workspace)?

The errors are local:

I actually don’t have any sound in this game yet, at all, but I still got the errors. Not sure if related

Not sure if this is related to this bug but, recently the sounds for me are playing weird. For example, when putting a sound in StarterGui, instead of playing in background like always, now it plays from a range until you go away from a certain distance and stop hearing it.

got the same issue.

Not related, should not be causing any problems.

1 Like

The place I mentioned earlier ended up having issues in a new server. There’s battle music whenever you battle a Pokemon, and it doesn’t start anymore when the battle begins. It starts sometime later, but not immediately when the battle begins like it used to. Maybe it only starts working when it ends up looping?

Repro steps: Join game, go through tutorial if you haven’t, and then run around in tall grass until you encounter a wild pokemon. Battle music won’t start playing until after a while.

This one should be fixed when joining a new game.

I’m trying this myself on Windows client with loaded cache and not able to make this happen. The battle music plays as expected and loops. Does this happen repeatedly for you?

When I rejoined the same server I was in, the issue went away. The other guy who was in the server told me he was having the same issue, so I thought the issue was directly tied to the server, but I guess not. I’m also seeing complains about the problem I was experiencing on the group wall – not sure if that makes a difference.

All sounds played via the server are silenced in this game, whether it be parented to workspace or to a part: https://www.roblox.com/games/196235086/HHCL-Server#!/game-instances

Joining will put you in the lobby, to get to the servers that are having problems you need to use the left hand menu.
Left hand menu > Choose Server > Testing Server > View Testing Server 2 > Play

It’s like the Play() function is not replicating to the client, when called by the Server.

Edit: Sounds still work in the Lobby, it just doesn’t work in the game linked.

Same on Notoriety.
Sounds on the server (gunshots) don’t play. Sounds on the client (voices, music) play fine. All sounds work on studio.

So just a quick update about what’s going on, the change is half-deployed (enabled on servers and studio, disabled on client).

This was done because servers of long-running games do not immediately update (and often times have lifespans counted in days). An enabled client connecting to a un-updated server will have the “all sounds play on loop” bug.

We’re currently waiting out the un-updated servers, and will be enabling the client some time tomorrow. Once that’s done, all the fun features mentioned in Audio networking, API consistency and 3d sound improvements should all work properly.

For the time being, we’re in this odd state of server updated/client un-updated. Please let me know if anything comes up.

@Brick_man
Sounds now seem to work on notoriety.

@Baumz
What kind of sounds am I supposed to hear during gameplay? Currently not hearing anything. In addition, how are you triggering these sounds? Are they workspace sounds created on the server and triggered on the server?

If you equip the stick, and then pick up the puck (on center Ice), you can then shoot the puck by clicking with the mouse, It will make a slap sound. Also when ever the puck strikes a wall it will it make a noise. Also any Character sounds, such as jumping don’t play either.

And yes, it is a sound created by the server and played by the server.

Here is a Repro Place: https://www.roblox.com/games/440382027/MouseCursor

Repro Steps:

1. 3 seconds after server creation, the Server will play a song.
  2. 10 seconds after a player joins, the same sound will be played by a local script.
  3. Sound is not audible until Play() is called on the client.
  4. 23 seconds after server creation, Stop() will be called on the sound via the Server, yet the song continues to play.

The sounds work fine in Studio though, only happens on live servers.

Ok yea, the Servers are working now!