An idea for promoting social media

So the area under our name or group name is very empty on the game page which is annoying because its valuable real estate traffic wise!

So why dont we use it?

A great question!

Just like on our profiles we can all link our social medias, why not directly on our games also!?!?!

Result of adding this: lots more traffic towards ROBLOX developers on social media! Maybe even the first ROBLOX developer getting verified on twitter!

• Good Idea! I want to see this in use
  • Bad Idea! I am against this ever being added
  • I do not care

0 voters

11 Likes

also, ignore my 10k dislikes :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Add a “yes but don’t execute it this way” poll option.

I wanna see these buttons but I don’t know if that’s a good spot. The blank space helps structure the page in such a way that the play button stands out more, which I think is a good thing.

13 Likes

Too late to change, I think you can just disclaim that you voted yes/no but you want it executed in another way
Maybe add how you would want it executed :wink:

Just something I’ve noticed public polls get less votes because people don’t want to be known for what they voted for

and the crude drawing was just an idea, we could use the smaller icons
7a018dc4b792a8fdf97dcf465ffe45b1ddd02365.png

and the ones we have right now are very useless in my opinion :sweat_smile:
i haven’t seen any tweets used in the format they show

we could replace them with the developer social media, and if the developer puts no social media to be used- we use the default links we see now

2 Likes

I love this idea!

To add on to what @ScriptOn said though, it could be in the “About” section maybe? :smiley:

Edit: Or what @x_o said is cool as well!

1 Like

4fee68837bccdcfa0e6ad4fbd5a2afb7646457e6.png

could add a share button on the left and replace the current share buttons with whatever

14 Likes

Yeah, i would add more specific options, but i cannot edit a poll after people vote :confused:

Hello I am from the future and can confirm this has been (will be) added.

9 Likes

quite a large majority are in favor of adding this feature
any chance an admin in the web team can take a look at this

I heard there was an exploit once where your facebook you could be hacked if it was linked through roblox. Is this still the case?

It’s an issue with linking Facebook with sign in – not marking it on your social media accounts

Last I remember staff members say they changed their process and now unlink Facebook on compromised accounts, so I don’t even think the sign in issue is a problem anymore.

@KnowDaGame can you help give this idea any footing

1 Like

I’m a little confused. Are you saying you want to link social media to your accounts or accounts made for the game specifically?

Take “Roblox Deathrun” for example. They have a social media account for the game where codes are released and stuff which is separate to Wsly and Zomebody’s Twitter accounts.

I see this being an issue when more than one person ‘owns’ a game, say via a group. If we take “Jailbreak” for example, would the twitter icon display Asimo’s twitter or Badcc’s?

My other fear is how this could be used maliciously. If someone was to get compromised, this is a subtle yet deadly way to get someone banned. All you’d have to do is link some inappropriate social media accounts to the game and boom.

I think it’s a great idea personally but there are things that need to be ironed out and considered first. It’s like with everything, it’s not as simple as it looks at face value. :slightly_smiling_face:

Seems like he’s saying that there should be options in the game’s configuration page to type in specific social media accounts to appear on that game’s page (as in, these would be completely separate settings from the social media links on your profile, you’d just type in different social media accounts per-game)

As for the malicious stuff, that can already be done by using the social media links on your profile, so there’s no added risk whatsoever by having them available on game pages too.

But, the “Jailbreak” game page gets a lot more traffic than the Developers profiles, as they have to go through the group to get to Asimo or Badcc. So there’s actually an even higher chance of this occurring which could result in greater damage.

A malicious person already has a million other ways to get them banned with inappropriate content:

• Use a filter bypass to add inappropriate words to the title/description
  • Upload a bunch of inappropriate decals
  • Add a bunch of inappropriate content to the game
    etc.

You could also just link to said inappropriate twitter in the game’s description, maybe create an imitator twitter account that has 1 or 2 characters in the username changed.

Any user-editable feature can be used maliciously, there’s nothing special about social media links on games.

4 Likes

It turns out ROBLOX has got its first developer verified on twitter! @berezaa huge congrats bro !

If this idea was put forward, I am sure many more developers can reach verified twitter level!

3 Likes

@badccvoid the next ROBLOX/Twitter account to be verified! :D! @badcc Congrats!

This feature could help more devs become verified :wink:

2 Likes