Archive Feature

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to remove our Decals, Gamepasses, Badges, Shirts, etc. What I am proposing is a feature to archive said UGC items, more importantly, Decals and Places. These two items alone are types of items that users would love to hide from their given categories. An archive feature would help with that, giving the possibility to revive said place or item but not get rid of it completely. Additionally, when anything is archived it would be nice to make it so it can’t be played nor purchased. If this feature is added there is an obvious benefit when it comes to the Create tab, organization.

33 Likes

Strongly support. We have something similar for messaging system already.

2 Likes

Support

HUGE support! I’d say if added, it’d also be useful in that this feature could be used to get rid of the destructive delete button on Roblox made accessories/catalog items, which for the most part is only useful for people who found a way to access your account and do harm to it…Yikes.

It’d also be useful in hiding assets that shouldn’t be very public until a release, if things such as model/decal assets still work while hidden via archive. Handy for preventing leaks, and people snooping in your inventory to steal assets.

Overall a solid change I’d be rooting for!

2 Likes

I suggested a very similar idea 5 months ago: Game Organisation - Shadowing and Deletion

2 Likes

I’d say there’s a pretty big difference, one which is reflected by the replies, between safely archiving any of your items, and putting your games in a queue for deletion. One is focused on preservation AND organization, while the other is focused on just the organization.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. Hoping we can get to this within the next year or so.

8 Likes