The levitation animation doesn’t make you actually hover. It’s like the sidestep dance animation where your HRP is where the real character is.

3 Likes

Digital_Boy mentions something good there: animations don’t use clones. Unless the parts are physically in another spot than they get rendered, it would mean the feet are indeed off the ground.

1 Like

Collisions against the ground are determined by the HRP + Humanoid.HipHeight. Legs don’t play a part.

3 Likes

When are the walk animations used? There are some that I’d like to use as my moving animation.

2 Likes

On gamepad and mobile you can move slower by not pushing the thumbstick so far. You animation blends from run into walk depending on how slow you move.

3 Likes

Can a feature be made to equip walk animations as run? I feel like some of the run animations are too intense.

4 Likes

superhero idle could be improved

2 Likes

I think it’s so bad because it needs to support 1.0 R15 packages.

1 Like

That only applies to how the humanoid “floats” above the ground. Touched events are still fired by the individual legs.

@Digital_Boy
(Yes, we tested lava bricks with the levitate pack)

6 Likes

I feel like the sit animation could use some spotlight. If you look at the current sit animation for R15, it’s quite static and lifeless compared to the rest of R15’s animations. The sit animation could use some slight movement, and even a random look-around animation thrown in there to play at a random interval just like idle. In addition, adding character customization for sit animations to animation packs would be a cool addition to this newly released system if appropriate.

8 Likes

We just released a new feature which allows you to preview avatar animations on the website in a 3D viewer by hitting the play button in the thumbnail box. Huge thanks to @Brouhahaha for making this feature happen!

https://gyazo.com/fcc942716a47d6ccc80818c5a18e5adc

These previews can be found by following the links to the individual avatar animations on the page of an animation package. In the future we want to update the animation package pages to also include 3D animation previews to make it easier to preview avatar animations before you buy them.

The animation previews can be pretty cool. Here are some of my favorites:

20 Likes

Much appreciated @Brouhahaha – I had been tediously and manually inserting the animations into Studio whenever a new animation package came out, so this is a huge help.

4 Likes

Awesome, could you add a option to preview it on the user’s avatar?

2 Likes

rip my game lol.

4 Likes

It’s a good update. Fan-created Animation Packs would be cool to see too.

3 Likes