Beams - TextureWidth and Patterns

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make good animated pattern for our beams without having to resort to creating multiple propely sized beams.

For now you can make one row of patters, but sometimes you need to make two of them or more.

Beams right now

obraz

There is only a Length setting at the moment, but I would love one for width.

For example I want to make water. It’s all good, but i’d rather want to make it a pattern than multiple particles.
The water will also have some motion as well, so “Texture” instance won’t suffice.

If Roblox is able to add this, it would allow me and many others to use more efficient use of beams.
Like I said, beams have some properties that Texture instance doesn’t.

1 Like

Technically there are Width settings, but they only control the ends of Beams. If you’re requesting more control for overall Beam width, we already have a few topics on that.

The way you’re describing Beam patterns is a little vague. It sounds like you want the same behavior as the Texture object, you can do this by using other Beam TextureModes, but I’m still unsure what exactly you want to achieve.

Yeah, I tried to look for some threads - but haven’t found any (probably used wrong words or search engine didn’t found them).

Basically, this,
obraz

1 Like