Better (automated?) moderation

I should not have to switch privacy settings because some people think botting is a good idea.

2 Likes

No, you shouldn’t. But I prefer to do something when the ones who should don’t.

I hate when there is a small temporary solution, but people refuse to do it, then complain further that nothing has been done.

I’m not saying you can’t complain about it. Just don’t say you’re not doing it because it’s not your problem.

ROBLOX has a solution for this. Privacy Settings. If you choose to ignore them, that’s not their fault.

1 Like

I do get real messages from non-followers and non-friends.
Me not receiving messages doesn’t stop others from receiving it, which is a big problems for the scams.

I now choose to receive them to add them to my list so I can ban them on as many places as I can reach.

They should extend the period in which new accounts can’t send messages to 3 days, and then limit the maximum amount of messages that new (e.g. < 1 month) accounts can send by like 20(?) messages per day. If people want to send more than that to their friends, they probably should just be using the party/chat system anyway, that’s what it was made for. I doubt new users need to send more than 20 messages per day legitimately.

3 Likes

Just sort potential spam in to a junk tab and the player can restore it if they want

Blacklist words, check for similar content by the same user, check messaging frequency

Please report these pages to google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish too.

Most of the accounts used to post are stolen accounts.

People are already using alt accounts to bot these messages. Being forced to create an account [X] days before using it and only getting [X] number of messages out of it a day won’t stop anything. More accounts will simply be made until they have a steady stream of accounts ready for use every day.

If there were a better solution I’m sure it would have been made available by now. Unfortunately this is all that can be done.

Yes, so if they start cracking down harder on these kind of accounts (either ban or mute), then it will be harder as a spammer to get accounts to spam from.

They could add another punishment next to reminders, warnings and bans, namely mutes, which takes away your ability to message anyone for a certain amount of time.

IP banning them would probably block most of those alts.

For 2 minutes until they proxy.

1 Like

This is something we’re actively working on, which is spam detection/prevention all across the site. It should affect PMs, comments, posts, group walls etc. I’m not ready to call it “soon”, but it is underway enough for me to say we’re working on it.

9 Likes

I hope we have something like outlook where you can drag specific messages to a “clutter” folder for less important messages and as you start dragging them outlook starts thinking and adapting around it. It’s so very nice because I put news letters or other bloats emails into that clutter and now outlook knows what should go in there.

Drag clutter ROBLOX messages (5000 robuX FOR FREE) into clutter folder, system learns and starts adapting.

3 Likes

Detecting spam sounds easy to me:

If someone sends 3 messages, and the amount of (needed) changed characters is <= 20, it’s spam.
(Since changing the username in a message, if they even do that, changes max 20 characters)

The spam on my game got so bad that I decided to just turn off the comments and I told people to just tweet me if they wanted to provide legitimate feedback.

I hope those spam combating changes come in the near future, because its out of control :[

Today, I even got a total new type of botted message:

In 4h that I played PFB, I got 16 messages:

Current count: 33 groups from 38 accounts sending 60 messages in total
From two accounts (AscendingImmortal & MarwinSchottenstein) I even received 5 messages each.
Lots of the accounts (11 to be exact) are group owners, so it’s not a random member.
(Some of the other non-owner accounts are a rank under the owner etc)
(What I’m saying: Most group owners know perfectly what’s going on)

(For the list, see https://www.roblox.com/item.aspx?id=351457495)

@ReeseMcBlox The thing you’re working on, is it “soon” already?

I got 53 spam messages, accumulated by playing PFB for 2h each day, for 3 or 4 days.
(I think there are 2 or 3 “you won robux, gimme your password” messages too)

Yes, it is soon. I am thinking in a month-ish. Again, the thing I am referring to is spam detection/prevention all across the site which will slow down these messages. We are not working on new Inbox features at this time.

1 Like

That’s still a good step in the right direction; however, when you do consider working on new inbox features can my idea of ‘clutter’ be put forward?

Whenever you guys get around to updating the Inbox pages, you should make a feedback thread for it specifically. I think there are huge opportunities for improvement there that would really be appreciated, and we can probably give you a lot of ideas for useful features for those pages.

1 Like