BillboardGui under a ScreenGui renders in 2D as well

out of curiosity, in that screenshot is that your local player doing the bubble chat or another player?

That was me

weirdā€¦ I will look into this

Iā€™m getting the same bug. I turned off chat bubbles as a result (because some would literally cover the whole screen) but Adonis has a bchat command so I could still test it.

Still happening for me as well, some camera movement even results in a complete white out screen.

1 Like

Happens for me too.

Iā€™ve managed to solve this! Create a copy of the BubbleChat localscript and add this one line. Fixed.

This will work for a temporary. I expected it to fail but it turns out that it works perfectly. Itā€™s kind of funny, because I had done this as a reaction for lack of having any other way to fix it. I was thinking, ā€œOk, so if thereā€™s a root gui element inside of another root gui element, then we might see two bubbles because itā€™s just drawing for both elementsā€¦ So what if I disable the one I donā€™t want?ā€ ā€¦ And here we are.

EDIT: You can get a copy of the LocalScript [HERE]

It may be best to mark this as the answer for the time being, since itā€™s super easy to do and works.

(Edit, gonna @darthskrill since you were looking for a fix. The fix that was pushed by you was not working for me, even after full shutdown. If itā€™s working for other people, I think you can safely disregard the fact that itā€™s broken for me.)

2 Likes

Seems like today its gotten worse than usual. Hope the fix is coming soon :yum:

6 Likes

Still getting it

1 Like

It seems that there is some glitch with chat bubbles. Every time I walk away from someone (to the point where the chat bubble changes to ā€¦) and then rotate my camera the chat bubble takes up the entire screen. Everyone in the game is seeing this and we use the default ROBLOX chat. I cannot believe that more people are not reporting this. Here is a gif of what happens.

I have seen this mainly at https://www.roblox.com/games/1213026131/USA-Washington-District-of-Columbia#

3 Likes

I have a fix for this that I am working on, hoping to release the fix next week. Thanks for the report!

5 Likes

This issue seems to be fixed as tested with latest build.

Great, thank you! Is this only in new servers? I got a report a couple of hours ago.

Hey! Iā€™m still getting reports this is happening :confused:

Are you able to repro yourself? What are the reports like? I can try and diagnose, but Iā€™ll need a repro case

Iā€™m afraid I havenā€™t been able to repro, sorry :frowning: Iā€™ll try and follow up with more information from the players who are experiencing it!

Hey! Players are still experiencing this but unfortunately I havenā€™t been able to repro it :confused: My setup is a billboardgui in a ScreenGui in StarterGui with an Adornee set to a part in the workspace (although doing this in a Baseplate or even in the real game for me doesnā€™t replicate the bug). I then make the Frame inside the billboardgui Visible and thatā€™s when it ocasionally happens (although never happened to me or a lot of players).

Edit: It randomly happened to me in studio; everything looked normal apart from the MaxDistance which was inf Also, tagging @Tiffnix as I was recommended to by @woot3. Thanks!

Sorry to bump this but Iā€™m still experiencing this issue and players are getting annoyed by it :confused:

It looks like this was a different bug from the previous closely related one we fixed. Weā€™ll look into it.

In the mean time, you could consider using a Folder instead of a ScreenGui as the parent of your BillboardGui.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)