Blender rig exporter/animation importer

It doesn’t give me an option to save as python. It says “.txt” or “all files”

5 Likes

You would have to change the file extension from the file explorer, toggle the “File name extensions” option by going to the view tab, you should be able to edit the file extension from there.(Just realized, you could also select “All Files” and put “rbxblender.py” which would also save the file as a python file.) 14239f34381eef9948d11634ae3b2830f571ea5c.gif

8 Likes

I’ll try it soon.

5 Likes

Based on your screenshot it looks like you have “common file extensions” hidden. The file is showing up as rbxblender.py instead of rbxblender.py.txt. This is an annoying Windows default that doesn’t contribute anything but confusion in cases like these. To enable all extensions, open View and enable “File name extensions”

After doing so, you’ll be able to see the .txt part and remove it. Enabling hidden items might be useful in the future as well – it doesn’t really change much since hidden files are for the most part under the user/Windows directories, but it will prevent a similar situation from happening where “Why can’t I find this folder?” because it’s hidden.

@Den_S Might want to note this in the OP

4 Likes

Thank you both very much, I never knew about this. Really happy that I will be able to do this now.

4 Likes

It should work just fine with R6.

Will add that, thanks.

6 Likes

Apparently I am no longer allowed to edit the OP :stuck_out_tongue: .

4 Likes

3e95f8daa00a723665e73b889a31cfbb36b25d4d.gif
this is what happens.

5 Likes

I only get a head node for the rig when I export an R6

4 Likes

Can you send the blend file you use + the anim you try to import?

I do notice a weird issue where the face is seen as a separate object rather than it being mapped as a texture. There seems to be another weird issue where some transformations aren’t properly mapped, will need to check that later. Removing the face in Roblox helps a bit, at least.

4 Likes

I’m getting this error everytime I try to ‘Import model’

3 Likes

This is the full error

3 Likes

Do you have the .obj import addon enabled? (I think it is enabled by default, but that error seems to suggest otherwise…)

3 Likes

It gives me that error too, but the model still imports without a problem. Check the entire visual workspace in blender to make sure that it is actually there. If you export the rig in studio when it isn’t at the position of (0,0,0) It wont be at the center of workspace in Blender. Have the OBJ import/export addon enabled and double check every direction of Blender workspace. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah.

[EDIT]

All of the issues above were managed to be fixed by enabling a few other options under the community tab.

3 Likes

This is very impressive!
Unfortunatly Im a complete noob at animating in blender, but this is still amazing!

Well done!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

16 Likes

Hi!

You can use animations from mixamo :slight_smile:

If you need help let me know!

4 Likes

has OP fixed it so it exports R6 rigs properly

4 Likes

Currently I’m prioritizing some other things I have to do, but I’ll get back to fixing this sometime. Most rigs don’t have joints whose rotation points have a non-identity rotation matrix, but R6 does, which causes issues with some transformations…

5 Likes

Maya: http://i.imgur.com/E0wir9k.gifv

Using the import FBX option: http://i.imgur.com/4ESAfsZ.gifv

Any idea what went wrong?

5 Likes