Bug for Mac Users

On Mac computers there is a bug with possible the physics, such that when a mac user joins any game, between 0-3 minutes, all non anchored part will freeze in place. The only way for the player to see moving parts is if the part was added after the player joined the game.

ex. 5 players are in a game already.
A mac user joins the server.
30 seconds go by.
Another user joins the game.
Then about 2 minutes after the mac user joined, all moving objects become frozen (players, NPC, non anchored parts etc.).
But the player that joined after the mac user will not be frozen, including other parts added to workspace after the mac user joined.
If a one of the 5 players reset/respawns the mac user will see him perfectly fine moving like normal.

This may not be a problem for games where the character resets often, but for games where the characters hardly respawn this cause problems for the mac users.

[Edit]

Moved video to the first post.

*the parts appear to be frozen to the mac user. However they are not frozen to anyone else or the server.

Sorry kinda worded that wrong.

pleas post:
OS Version,
are you running mobile,
GPU,
are your graphics drivers up to date?

I have a Mac book pro with retina display. However I know a lot of users with all kinds of macs having the same issue.

I thought this was an issue with my game, but it is an issue with the mac player!? Thanks for pointing this out!

I had this topic on earlier describing the same bug. On a mac too!

http://developer.roblox.com/forum/bug-reports/2279-network-bug-newly-spawned-players-move-existing-ones-do-not

You Mac users need a problem mega-thread, I see so many threads in this section relating to Mac. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe because there are so many problems with ROBLOX and mac? :?

I was able to upload a video of the Bug.

notice how a few minutes in, all the players/puck/goalies freeze on my screen, and a goal is scored. Then on the replay it shows how the players were really moving on the server. Also towards the end I reset a couple of players and they begin to show up and move like normal.

I noticed this too on my game Crosswinds the other day. All of the other player saw me moving around, but I saw them frozen in place all over the map. Usually resetting is what fixed it.

I’m on the newest version of Mavericks, Retina Macbook Pro 15-inch mid-2012.

I tried going to another game too, but apparently it doesn’t happen on murder mystery… Very strange. I’m wondering if this bug happens on an empty place too…

Roblox devs should really start looking into this!

[quote] I tried going to another game too, but apparently it doesn’t happen on murder mystery… Very strange. I’m wondering if this bug happens on an empty place too…

Roblox devs should really start looking into this! [/quote]

In a game like Murder Mystery, the characters are being reset each time they are killed, and as you can see from my video, when I reset a player his movement registers fine. However if I reset myself their movements still don’t register. The other player has to reset himself for me to be able to see him. Trying to tell people to reset for me, just doesn’t work with the roblox community atm.

It would be nice to know if someone is working on this issue :confused:

[quote] I tried going to another game too, but apparently it doesn’t happen on murder mystery… Very strange. I’m wondering if this bug happens on an empty place too…

Roblox devs should really start looking into this! [/quote]

In a game like Murder Mystery, the characters are being reset each time they are killed, and as you can see from my video, when I reset a player his movement registers fine. However if I reset myself their movements still don’t register. The other player has to reset himself for me to be able to see him. Trying to tell people to reset for me, just doesn’t work with the roblox community atm.[/quote]

Oh yes, you are right…

Hrm. Maybe I must just reset everyone character on joining then …

Yeah, it would be nice to know that some of the roblox developers has at least read this issue. This issue is quite big, because the player movements really don’t get replicated. I can kill people on my game because they don’t move…

I have encountered the same issue, and I have got to say it is extremely annoying to say the least. My specs are located below.

-OSX Mavericks

I’m going to sum up all problems for mac users like myself

It doesn’t work, it makes temperatures insane and is completely useless

Can you please try again? We just made some change this morning.

I joined a game earlier today, and I’ve had the same issue occur - Nothing seems to have changed.

Took this this morning

Sadly its left unaffected. The players froze as soon as I joined this time.

Baumz, can you repro this in studio?

Another thing to try is disable interpolation, on mac you can do this in studio Preference->Rendering-> check “DebugDisableInterpolation”. With this set, you’ll see more movement stutter, but it could help us understand what’s wrong. After it’s set, try again in an online game and let me know the results, thanks.

This has been happening for me, lately, too!

When I join a multiplayer game, usually I can’t see anyone moving, or any physics objects moving (although they still are on their screens). When I join first, I can see everyone and everything moving fine for a bit, but then after some time it all freezes.