Changes to Playing Ability of Experimental Mode Games

Hey Developers,

A couple of weeks back we made changes to how Experimental Mode games are displayed on the sort. This week we bring you more information about further changes to Experimental Mode games.

The following is a summary of the changes:

• Experimental Mode games can only be played by users over 13 or by friends of the game’s creator. We intend to extend this criteria to include all users in the near future.

These changes are live as of now.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

35 Likes

I like this change. Although it won’t necessarily matter to me since I’ll still see all public games, there’s some merit in this change:

• There’s less exposure for younger audiences towards inappropriate content that may be the result of an exploiter looking for a kick
  • This encourages developers to begin learning FilteringEnabled at the start rather than later, so they can get their games running in a timely manner and don’t need to scramble later to optimize their games
  • Good practice to do things right rather than wait

:+1:

15 Likes

How will this work with group-owned games, as users cannot be friends with a group? Will the game just be unplayable, or is the requirement that users be friends with the group owner?

Edit: I tested with an under thirteen account and you’re able to join the game if you’re friends with the group owner.

23 Likes

Perfect.

Incentive to use filtering, love it.

1 Like

I love this update and I think it’s moving in the right direction for the protection of our users, but I’m having this issue with my old game, Bunny Island. It has homes in it and originally the places created for each home were made with Filtering Enabled off. Later down the road I made a script to turn it back on. Though after the ability to do that was removed I have had no solid way to convert these homes to Filtering Enabled.

A lot of the fan base of the game is younger than 13, so many people are being restricted from playing. I would just like to know if there is a solution for fixing this. Currently the place that is duplicated for homes is Filtering Enabled, but I have no way to fix all the thousands of old places.

9 Likes

I am also running into this issue with my game. The created places that have Filtering Enabled off cannot even be updated. When I try to publish any of these places I get an error and the change does not go through. I wish we had the ability to delete ‘Created Places’. I do not even use ‘Created Places’ anymore for the game so it’s annoying trying to get Experimental Mode to go away…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.