Constant studio crashing since new update

Confirmed. Lot’s of crashes all of a sudden.

Duplicate scripts in the tabs appear many times before the crash.

Other times, I am just moving between scripts in the tabs, and it crashes.

Happened to me again, this time I didn’t actually edit anything, though.
It doesn’t happen every time either, although I guess you might be lucky.

Starting to get really sick of this, it’s disrupting development lots. It’s also helping me procrastinate on stuff I shouldn’t be :confused:

EDIT: I noticed I didn’t have any script tabs open when I started the test, but when I finished I had all (aside from a couple) of them open. Since I didn’t actually edit anything during that time (it’s happened to me twice in this short session so far), I’m thinking it’s more of a thing that happens a few seconds after the duplicate tabs were focused.
I also noticed that the duplicate tabs were created when the test started, not when it finished. Possibly could be something to do with studio trying to do something with scripts that no longer exist?

1 Like

Mine has been crashing recently but only done it twice.

I updated studio this morning, and it has crashed four times already, usually about five minutes after me opening it. The crashes don’t seem to be related to any specific action I’m doing, except that I was using the script editor each time a crash occured. It’s also giving me no “Roblox Studio quit unexpectedly” message. If it helps, I’m currently running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 and studio version 0.336.0.199282. Please fix this as soon as possible, it’s pretty much preventing me and several other developers from developing at all.

2 Likes

It should be fine as long as you don’t write code or test it :sunglasses:
(but really this is making testing a nightmare)

The error was easy enough to replicate that I made a short gif of it.
robloxcrash
I also noticed that the open script didn’t duplicate or cause a crash when the place wasn’t published, but it did happen after publishing.

3 Likes

It crashes for me when I stop a Play Solo test, using the future is bright build to develop currently :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Crashes for me under the same conditions - but not using any beta features at all.

Same here - I’ve been crashing 90% of the time when I open a script right after Test Mode

Try disabling the Lua debugger in Studio’s settings. Post back here whether it resolves the issue or not.

3 Likes

Can confirm switching off the Lua Debugger stops crashes after testing and reopening a script

3 Likes

I’ve been getting this problem too. Its interrupting my workflow. Hoping it gets resolved soon!

1 Like

Thanks @EchoReaper for the help!

Disabling the Lua debugger resolved the issue of crashing for me.

2 Likes

My studio has been crashing sometimes when I open or close windows within studio.
It could be a resolution problem on my end considering I see screen tearing once I crash.

2 Likes

I have turned back on Lua debugger, and the issue still persists with Roblox Studio often crashing when I use the script editor.

2 Likes

Sorry for the minibump, my studio has still been crashing since this update. I’ve tried disabling the debugger, fresh reinstalls, but I crash 90% of the time whenever I try to save a game or open a new place.

Pretty sure it’s related to whatever was introduced with this update.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing constant crashing issues now as well, which is making it nearly impossible for me to continue scripting.

7 Likes

Yup. Now it’s literally impossible for me to publish as it crashes every time.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if it is safe to enable the Lua debugger now? Or does crashing still occur if the Lua debugger is enabled?

1 Like

I’ve had it enabled for over a month and haven’t run into any issues with it.

2 Likes