Creating Unique Game Ideas

It could work!

I love what you presented. This is actually what can help many developers create their game! Hopefully it can help me make mine too. This is a really helpful topic you created.

1 Like

Idea’s are a nightmare to think off, when making a game I usually use sights like:

11 Likes

Actually, That might work, but then again some might backfire
An Idea I just made is making a robloxian version of Pokemon Quest!
The fighters you choose move automatically while you activate their special moves in a dungeon clearing like thing. (usually with a miniboss at the end of each level)
Then you can return to base and summon more fighters!

Andrew from blender guru once made an excellent point: one of the best ways to get an idea is to start with one word. Most people try to find a starting place, but they can’t because they don’t know where. One time I created the idea for an entire post apocalyptic universe based on hydrolic weapons just because of the word “cloud”. If you can’t come up with a word, ask for one, or use a word generator.

1 Like

Really usefull :slight_smile:

1 Like

best sentence in the entire guide.

Anyway, nice guide. Typically how I come up with ideas:

1. I first nail down what I want the idea to be for.
  2. I think of what I must have to fulfill the idea’s goal.
  3. I think of what I should have to make the idea familiar and easier to pitch.
  4. I think of what I want or like.
  5. I look at things that did something similar, if applicable.
  6. Repeat from step 4 until you have a fully fleshed out idea of what you want to make.

Another tip: MAKE A ROADMAP. A roadmap will keep you on-track and help you remember ideas.

5 Likes

That is basically step 1 and 4 in my planning cycle… take a bunch of ideas and smash em together. And hope I don’t create an abomination.

3 Likes

I just look at pictures irl until I lke something and get a random idea lol

2 Likes

Quite a good explanation! Thank you for creating this tutorial as this is helpful for me and many others! Awesome work! :clap:

1 Like