[Appears Fixed] Tools randomly disappearing

So today I went to my game that I am working on, to test a small update I made, and I happen to find that the tools just randomly disappear. Not only that, but I went to a friend’s place and he had the same issue.

It seems to be randomly occurring, but within about 10 or so seconds of equipping a tool. It happens to every single tool that I tried to equip. It doesn’t appear to be place-specific either.

EDIT: My place that it is happening: https://www.roblox.com/games/494099305/Trident-Contingency-In-Dev

5 Likes

Having the same issue, you should probably mark this as ROBLOXCRITICAL.

Please follow the steps for reporting a bug to ensure we have enough information to fix:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/steps-to-report-a-bug/24388/8

I’m having the same issue, it’s happening in every game. Started happening around 1:30ish PST. I’m not getting any prints of bugs so I can’t explain what’s happening unfortunately.

4 Likes

Same issue, huge problem right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is a huge issue. Tested on multiple accounts as well as multiple different games.

Prison Life and Zombie Rush are 2 of the games that I tested on different accounts.

2 Likes

You select a gun tool in-game and after 3-5 seconds the tool goes away.
Confirmed to be happening at the following two games.

and

Can you reproduce this issue on a simpler place? Trying to debug something in a game that had a lot of scripts or a lot of geometry requires us to go through all those extra things before we can even get to the problem.

1 Like

1 Like

Please follow the steps for reporting a bug to ensure we have enough information to fix:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/steps-to-report-a-bug/24388/8?source_topic_id=31160

Looks like it’s not an issue on R15

Edit: Dang maybe if you manually set arm rotation with Motor6D’s it doesn’t affect it.

It is, my place that it is happening on is R-15.

Your place is working fine for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Broke it.

Title modified. This does not meet the criteria for a Critical bug.

Please read:

What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Does the bug happen 100% of the time?

If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc)

Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

5 Likes

What are you talking about!?! This is super critical.

3 Likes

You’re kidding me right?

3 Likes

Really now? How many games use the Tool object as a critical part of gameplay?

5 Likes

It seems to be a Filtering Enabled only bug

It’s a bug introduced by roblox

It makes games unplayable

It’s widespread

How isn’t it critical? @CodeWriter

5 Likes

This is also happening to me, and with most games.