Ctrl+Shift+h to find and replace in all scripts

Yes please! I was dealing with this annoyance only last week, thinking those exact words to myself the whole time.

We need this now!

2 Likes

Bumping this because we never heard any feedback on it and thereā€™s no need to create a new thread. I came back to an old project and wanted to restructure how my modules are stored, and that means changing the code in every script that calls that module everytime I move one! Why isnā€™t this a feature? Is there a plugin for it, like the code @crazyman32 provided?

1 Like

There is some low-hanging fruit we can pluck with the Script Editor. We are looking at a list of them now. Hopefully more on this soon.

5 Likes

This was intended to be a new topic, but it was approved as a reply. Here is my arguments for why this should be added, because itā€™s still a much needed feature in Studio.

Introduction

As a developer, it is currently hard to replace all occurrences of the same value across multiple scripts. If we had Replace All as an option, it would be easier and make workflow much smoother.

Why should it be added?

We currently have access to replacing all in the current scope (the script weā€™re viewing), but not across all scripts. Furthermore, we can also use CTRL + SHIFT + F to Find All across all scripts.

There have been multiple instances when Iā€™ve needed to change multiple occurrences over multiple scripts, but have had to do it separately due to the fact that there hasnā€™t been an option like this. Not only does this slow down progress, it also makes mass bug fixing tedious.

Even when you make a minor error that youā€™ve put out in multiple scripts (probably my fault for bad practices), itā€™s still a painful task that requires a lot of effort to fulfil.

What would it look like?

Similar to the Find All shortcut:
Shortcut could be CTRL + SHIFT + H, unless something else has occupied that.

Conclusion

Iā€™m sure this would probably benefit at least some people, myself included.

What this allows us to do:

• Quickly fix bugs that have been pushed out across all scripts
  • Find and replace all occurrences of a mistake that youā€™ve rolled out across multiple scripts
  • Save time looking, improve workflow and dedicate that time to improving other aspects of your game, rather than focusing on pain-staking tasks, such as this.
7 Likes

Hereā€™s a really good plugin that will remedy the lack of this feature;

4 Likes