Develop Tab Renamed to Create

Hi Developers,

You may have noticed that the “Develop” tab was recently renamed to “Create”.

create-tab

We changed the wording here to encourage more users to make content on our platform. We found that “create” is more accessible to a larger portion of our audience and we found supporting evidence to this as part of a test. It is also a better description of what we empower users to do. Note that we are not rebranding developers as creators or anything similar.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this update!

46 Likes

Should finish the job

edit: I’m not just trying to be pedantic. Changing the branding based on supporting evidence is cool but it needs to be followed through to completion. We see inconsistent branding far too much (i.e. experimental mode) and at some point it is more confusing to users than it is helpful

58 Likes

#BringBackDevelop

46 Likes

Does this mark the beginning of a possible overhaul for the develop-now-create page?

That has been discussed before. Everybody disliked that.

2 Likes

Seems like Create - Roblox is already in use.

8 Likes

i like it!

should encourage more players.

3 Likes

I think you might be misunderstanding what I’m saying? I don’t see how improving the develop page would be a negative thing. The current one has an endless list of problems.

5 Likes

Love it! Wanted this for a while tbh.

1 Like

This is great, honestly, Create would be easier for the kids to understand than Develop… Sure its not much different and one can just google things but hey…

If this was something that was around while I was starting out, I think… yes it would have helped.

2 Likes

Screenshot_419.png

:thinking: Roblox+ will adapt soon?

7 Likes

Oh lol you don’t have the forums still there?

I changed the URL of the forums button lol

1 Like

Catalog -> Create
Catalog -> Develop

Second option makes more sense, 2 Cs next to each other can cause miss clicks.

10 Likes

Sweet. Develop sounded way too adult for something like Roblox. Good, simple change right here.

2 Likes

You have to go into settings and change them to whatever you like, I have one going to my own non-roblox website lol

1 Like

We considered renaming the develop page itself but we want to reserve /create for the Studio landing page and it would be confusing to have a page titled “Create” when the URL is /develop. Most new users will see the landing page when they click “Create” and launch Studio instead of visiting the develop page. We may revisit this decision in the future.

6 Likes

We had to turn this feature off temporarily due to a bug. We will let you know when it is back.

2 Likes

I think this makes sense. “Create” is less ambiguous than “Develop” in the eyes of new users, so it might encourage more people to try out Roblox Studio for themselves.

I miss the stamper tool days. I used to make logic circuits, rocket ships, and things like that—someone needs to make a building game that allows for the same sort of easily-accessible versatility, sort of like Minecraft’s appeal.

6 Likes

There are pros and cons to this change, and a decision to be made is what age group this is best for. I mean, it would be best if we could find something more neutral, and in my opinion, develop sounds a lot more neutral than create.

PROS

• “Friendlier”; psychologically tricks people into thinking developing/“creating” is easier
  • More accessible for people of all ages; will attract younger audiences as well

CONS

• May turn away some older audiences (and those looking for a more “professional” experience)
  • May have a game-like context; might discourage the reality of Roblox actually being a platform
  • May be misleading in general
  • Merges players and developers; will lower overall quality of games
20 Likes