Developer Profile Tag

What about this badge?

7 Likes

Would be usefull when you’re applying for something and as evidence that you can make 200p servers (if you are beta tester).

2 Likes

:clap:

2 Likes

HAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
No.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Some devforum members already use “I’m in devforum” to do stupid stuff or to just all around brag. There’s NO reason for a “developer profile tag”, and being in devforum does NOT mean that you’re trusted, verified, or clean of bad history or intentions.

3 Likes

This is Model Maker badge, which depends on someones popularity, not skills.

2 Likes

Yes.
That’s also interesting way to solve that.

1 Like

Actually, it means.
Do you think Roblox would accept to DevForums person, which has already stolen thousands of assets, copied and published by himself? I don’t think so.

There’s a lot of unsavoury people in here, sorry but it’s true. Most also use alts for these sorts of things, so of course they wouldn’t have had troubles getting past background checks.

It just isn’t a good idea to fill people’s ego.

1 Like

Even if the idea was to create some kind of ‘legitimacy’ stamp (as opposed to blatant ego boosts), the way to go about doing it is not the way the DevForum is accepting people. If this was the goal, then the admittance standards have to be altered to actually thoroughly check for this, if that is possible in a meaningful way at all.

Yeah, that’s the thing I would agree.

I disagree,

Just because you’re on the developer forums doesn’t mean you’re better than anyone else nor should it be a symbol of trust.

Like said above, it’ll only create a demand for people to join the forums to gain the badge, and not to contribute to the developer community.

4 Likes

It’s happened before. Several times.

WRONG! Anyone can get this badge, all you have to do is submit a good high quality model it can be a build or scripts to Roblox, I remember they had a place on this forum where you can submit models. Now days they have themes you also have to follow.

2 Likes

You are halfly right, because with at least small popularity it’s much easier to get this badge.

1 Like

I have the badge.

To get it you need to have a sponsored roblox model. It gets put on the roblox free models “front page” and has a little orange icon next to it. You also get some robucc for it but its not much.

3 Likes

Not to mention that some members wish to not be noticed as being in the devforum and people tend to get spammed with PMs for being apart of the group/ community. This is why lots of people, including myself are no longer in the unofficial official group.

Why couldn’t it be optional? Whomever wants to show off or to let other hirers know that their a real deal, would enable it, and it would be seen. Btw happy cakeday :cake:!

1 Like

That’s what the unofficial group is for. Not to mention that people looking to hire someone can look the user up on the devforum. & Thanks!

1 Like

Most people on this forum join, ask for beta privileges and are never seen again. The developer tag would just be another reason to get into the forums. Snag your beta access, dev forum badge and leave.

2 Likes

Absolutely no support.

The developer forum isn’t supposed to be a status symbol, it’s supposed to be a tool, and it should stay that way. Adding some sort of a profile badge would undoubtedly turn it into a status symbol (In some circumstances it can be seen as one right now, but that’s unavoidable. At the very least things shouldn’t be done to encourage it being seen that way).

22 Likes