Developers can now play their own private games!

yes yes yes yes yes yES YES YES

bye kick scripts
bye friends only
bye private groups
you won’t be missed

5 Likes

Awesome feature, sounds like something I’ll be using a lot!

Great step in the right direction! I hope to see more granular access control going further.

Underrated feature of the year. This is super useful.

Also, thank you for the warning underneath the play button. I would have for sure linked private games to others expecting they could play them without it. Awesome foresight.

17 Likes

Now all we need is free private servers for owners of a game. Good update, though!

‘This also applies to group games: everyone who has edit access will be able to play privately’
use that as a whitelist

edit: Oh nvm I see what you and snowskateer meant. If they aren’t developers but still testers

Finally!

This is on my todo list but don’t expect it anytime soon – it’s going to be a large effort.

16 Likes

In addition to this, wouldn’t it make more sense for the “friends only” option to be moved alongside the “public” and “private” options with a message similar to what is shown when private is selected?

4 Likes

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss
thank yew ver much

will use many

This is just perfect, now you don’t have to make it friends only and take care about who’s your friend

3 Likes

nice.

1 Like

god has not forsaken us after all

4 Likes

This is awesome!

I’m glad to see that this was implemented. This makes testing so much easier. My previous method involved a lot of tricks with Place teleporting to avoid unwanted players. This makes it very straightforward.

Thanks.

1 Like

I love you.

3 Likes

Also will this show up under Friend Activity? If I want to keep something secret I’d have to obfuscate the icon, thumbnail, description, and title as well.

12 Likes

yay, good bye code to kick them!

Pretty sure you’d have to do that either way if you really want to keep it secret. The people who are a threat to your ideas aren’t limited to friend activity. People can always see all of your projects. Why create a descriptive title and description and upload thumbnails and icons on a private game until you’re going to release it?

In any case, it clearly shouldn’t show up on friend activity, I just don’t agree that that’s why.

1 Like

How would this work for people who are invited to team create servers from privately owned places?

4 Likes

Woho I have waited for this so long, no longer need for creator only entrance scripts where you want the game private.

1 Like