Dropped support for galaxy s7?

so I get the notifaction that roblox needs to update on my phone, but when I go to update it, I’m greeted to this

i can’t find it on the Google play store anymore when I search for it either… I got that screenshot from pressing the “upgrade” button that pops up when I open roblox

4 Likes

Hmm, I’m not able to reproduce this on my samsung galaxy s7. I do have auto update turned on for my apps, however, ROBLOX doesn’t show up as recently being updated in the Play Store. Was also able to open the app and play games on it like normal with no notification saying I need to update.

Can confirm with mine from AT&T.

1 Like

I got Galaxy S8,
With version 2.311.156028, updated 10. okt. 2017

Perhaps you need to update the OS? Settings > System Updates (sometimes System Updates is under About Phone).

I have an older phone (Droid Turbo) on Android 6.0.1 and it’s working fine.

just did all that. still nothing.

and @TheNexusAvenger I’m on AT&T as well…

Hi, what OS version are you running? Have you tried rebooting your phone? We are unable to reproduce this issue here at Roblox with the devices we have (so far).

2 Likes

Oh… right. Android version…
Android 7.0.0 (latest patch from AT&T).

1 Like

Same as Nexus,

EDIT: forced it to update, and restarted the device. still nothing.

Have you tried uninstalling Roblox (assuming you know your username/password and can login again)?

Yes i have. completely uninstalled roblox and rebooted the phone. doesn’t show up in the play store

the only way I can get to the page for the roblox app is by going to the mobile website.

The real question here is why ROBLOX hasn’t taken some of those apps down :thinking:

6 Likes

So we finally tracked down what the issue is.

There is an issue with Samsung devices - if the user changes from the default resolution, Google Play may say that the device is incompatible depending on the app’s resolution requirements.

If you change your resolution back to the default, you should no longer have the issue. If you can confirm this worked, that would be great.

Go to your phone’s Settings menu.
Scroll down to Display.
Tap on Change screen resolution.
You can now select either HD (1280×720), FHD (1920×1080), or WQHD (2560×1440)

It appears that the lowest resolution, HD (1280x720) is the one that causes the issue.

3 Likes

So is this a bug that Roblox will address… somehow… or is it a problem with Android itself? I don’t see it having a massive amount of impact on battery life either way.

Edit: Either Google is doing caching or that isn’t the problem. I set it to high performance, which sets the resolution to WQHD, and restarted the phone. Still says it isn’t compatible.

OK try clearing the cache as well:
clear the data/cache of Google Play app:

Settings -> App Manager -> Google Play Store -> Clear Data/Cache

Just tried that. No luck. I could have something different set up.

We had someone here at HQ with the same issue and it cleared up after changing the resolution. Let us know if you find a fix that works.

Changed the screen resolution to FHD, cleared the Data/Cache. and it’s back after I restarted my phone!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.