Equipping and re-equipping tools sometimes deletes them

Relatively new bug that just started happening. I did not update my game but suddenly people report that quickly switching between tools deletes them.

EDIT: Not necessarily switching quickly between them. To add, my game is FilteringEnabled, and this only seems to happen on tools with Handles.

20 Likes

Exact same error on my games, I think it’s related to welds

2 Likes

Was just about to create a bug report.

Tools are not being auto-equipped when parented to the character.

The bug happens every time a tool is parented

It happens in any game place.

It started happening sometime today. I noticed it at around 6:50PM EST.

1 Like

It isn’t just equipping and requipping, it does it without any input from the player.
This doesn’t seem to be limited to any specific OS or game.

1 Like

Yep, I’m having that issue too in my game https://devforum.roblox.com/t/tools-in-game-being-lost/145947/

1 Like

Was getting the same issue at a couple of popular games, however, in my own games, I wasn’t encountering this issue.

1 Like

This needs to be fixed right away. My whole damn game requires tools to do any kind of fighting and its ruining the hell out of it for players…

1 Like

Yeah, this bug is putting a stop to clan activities as well.

1 Like

(correction to my comment)
– This is occurring in my games, whoops.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time an issue like this has happened. In fact, I recall 3 other times this issue has happened in the past to both me and my friends across multiple games. I really hope this issue is resolved for good soon as it is indeed quite annoying, especially when the game is heavily dependent on these tools as a main feature.

1 Like

Also occurring in my game. Usually when touching a large teleport block, but also just randomly after equipping and unequipping it.

Only happens for tools with a Handle.

1 Like

Can confirm, I’m having similar issues. Just started happening today for me.

2 Likes

I’m getting this issue as well…

Here’s what I’ve also currently noticed (in regards to the issue)

• All of these issues persist when using FilteringEnabled
  • When pressing the backspace key with tools, they never drop (With CanBeDropped Enabled)
  • Unequipped event rarely/never fires because of this issue
1 Like

I am also seeing this, after a tool is unequipped (that has a handle) 5 seconds later it will be removed from the inventory of the player.

1 Like

I’ve disabled a change that possibly affected this, although it shouldn’t have. Does the issue persist?

4 Likes

I’m also getting this. And I’ve had this issue for over a week. My game parents a tool to the character on CharacterAdded and it sometimes just disappears. Manually welding the tool to the character didn’t fix this.

1 Like

The issue seems to have stopped in two of my games.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. I’ll see what I can do to fix the exploitable issue while not breaking this. The probable fix should have made it to all gameservers by this point.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for resolving so quickly!

2 Likes