Errors inside scripts not showing up

I’m running this on Windows 10, worked fine before the studio update…

The error goes away for me briefly when editing after it, but comes back when I stop typing. Is there anything else in your place or any plugins installed?

I’m having this problem too!

2 Likes

No plugins installed. I also just noticed that at the bottom left corner of the screen, below the command bar it’s not displaying what the problem is either

If the “Go to script error” option is still working, it at least knows of the error. It’s just the red wigly line that’s gone? (I have no idea what you mean with “thing below the command bar”)

Yes, the red line showing where the error is, it’s missing. And with the command bar I mean that it’s not telling me what the issue is anymore down here:

Basically I cannot figure out what the errors are because 1. No red lines are showing anymore and 2. It’s not telling me what the error is at the bottom of the screen. This started happening since the last studio update and it makes scripting a lot harder for me.

Oh, I never noticed that. (although it’s black for me, you entered it yourself I guess?)

What about the Script Analysis window?

I did indeed enter it myself :stuck_out_tongue:
The script analysis window does show the errors, I just don’t understand why it’s not showing anything in scripts itself… I’ve seen 3 people with this problem already.

If you re-install, does this issue go away?

Does this happen with every error or just some of them? Does typing ‘a’ in an empty script, then more text after also have this happen?

Re-installed twice, with no succes…

It happens with every script, typed “a” in an empty script, with a correct line afterwards: Script analysis does show the error but it’s not appearing in the script iself, and no message at the bottom.

That’s also odd. Your Script Analysis widget is missing a checkbox as well. Can you try resetting your Studio settings?

I reset the settings, didn’t help :confused:
What does the widget I should be having look like?

Can you record a video of this happening to you? Maybe I’m just missing something that you’re doing.

He means this, which appears when you have a script open:

Both your script editor, Script Analysis and that status bar seem to act as if you don’t have one open

Right…

What are your machine specs? I’ll see if I have a similar one around here somewhere.

I’m using studio on: intel core i7-6700HQ, 3.1GHZ, GTX970-2GB, 16GB RAM running on Windows 10

This problem is still going for me too, here are my specs if it’s still relevant:

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60Ghz 3.60Ghz, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

3 Likes

This is still an ongoing issue, just found out my friend also using an i7 processor cannot see errors. He’s been missing a load of straightforward fixes.