FastFlags that make system menu crash?

The system menu depreciation is really poorly done. Is it actually depreciated? Is it an accident that roblox crashes on loading with system menu? Nobody knows what’s going on and people can’t work. My roblox feed is post after post of studio crashing.

Regardless of whether the crashing is on purpose or on accident, it’s preventing me from working on my ROBLOX contract. Telling us which FastFlags were enabled in the system menu crashing update is the least that can be done until Ribbon Bar is ready to take over System Menu’s duties.

There’s a recent one here http://devforum.roblox.com/t/test-out-some-new-roblox-audio-features/29529 depending when it started crashing.

Unfortunately that didn’t work, so it’s probably a FastFlags feature.

I have a standalone build from 2013. I think it’s the last version of studio before ribbon bar. I also might have one from zuexcg for creating terrain textures.

It needs to have MeshPart capability for what I’m doing, unfortunately. Roblox is programmed to automatically destroy things that it has no knowledge of.

if the linked build (in the audio effects thread) also has the same problem, its a flagged change. take a look at the latest flags changed (do you all have link to where the flags are and know how to locally edit flags?)

I do know how, and I used clonetrooper’s tracker on the wiki to revert all the flag changes since October 13, but something still isn’t right.

My ClientAppSettings.json

{ "FFlagStudioStopSoundPlaybackAfterRemoval": "False", "FFlagSurfaceGuiObjectEnabledCheck": "False", "DFFlagUseR15Character3": "False", "FFlagStartServerCBFix": "False", "FFlagCloudEditAllowScriptDeleteWithLocal": "False", "FFlagStudioReportVitalParameters": "False", "FFlagStudioResizeMeshPartOnImport": "False", "FFlagStudioRefreshTreeWidgetViewEnabled": "False", "FFlagAllowInsertConstrainedValuesAnywhere": "False", "FFlagStudioFixTestApis": "False", "FFlagCollectClientIDUpdateStatistics": "False", "FFlagGraphicsNoMainDepth": "False", "FFlagGraphicsD3DPointOne": "False", "DFFlagResetScreenGuiEnabled": "False", "DFFlagPGSSolverUsesIslandizableCode": "False", "FFlagStudioTreeWidgetWheelScrollWithDrag": "False", "FFlagStudioReduceTeamCreateStuttering": "False", "FFlagAllowCopyUnArchivableObjects": "False", "FFlagStudioFlycamAppBridgeFix": "False", "DFFlagUseMultiFormatCharacterAppearanceLoading": "False", "FFlagFixCancelBrickColorPicker": "False", "DFFlagDontPrintMalformedUrls": "False", "DFFlagSpringConstraintInGameAdornFixEnabled": "False", "DFFlagPlayerDescendantsDeleteOnDisconnectOff": "False", "FFlagStudioEnableLayersForNSView": "False", "FFlagEnableViewportScaling": "False", "FFlagEmulationImprovements": "False", "FFlagStudioDisableScrollingOnEarlyMac": "False", "FFlagEnableGetHitWhitelist": "False", "DFFlagCloudEditReplicateWorkspacePropAndCollisionFidelity": "False", "DFFlagCloudEditPreventDefaultScripts": "False", "SFFlagTeamCreateReplicateExactCFrame": "False", "FFlagSoundGroupsAndEffectsEnabled": "False", "FFlagSoundscapeReplicateChildren": "False", "FFlagLoadCorescriptsPlatformDefMode": "False", "FFlagEnableGetHitWhitelist": "False", "FFlagStudioUpdatePropertiesWithoutJob": "False" "FFlagStudioEmbeddedFindDialogEnabled": "False", "FFlagCloudEditAllowScriptDeleteWithLocal": "False", "DFFlagCloudEditReplicateWorkspacePropAndCollisionFidelity": "False", "SFFlagTeamCreateReplicateExactCFrame": "False", "FFlagStudioEnableLayersForNSView": "False", "FFlagEnableViewportScaling": "False", "FFlagEmulationImprovements" "False", "FFlagStudioDisableScrollingOnEarlyMac": "False", "FFlagStudioDisableLayersForNSViewOnEarlyMac": "False", "FFlagStudioEmbeddedFindDialogEnabled": "False", "FFlagSoundGroupsAndEffectsEnabled": "False", "FFlagSoundscapeReplicateChildren": "False", "FFlagLoadCorescriptsPlatformDefMode": "False", "FFlagEnableGetHitWhitelist": "False", "FFlagStudioUpdatePropertiesWithoutJob": "False", "DFFlagAvxImplEnabled": "False", "FFlagStartServerCBFix": "False", "FFlagStudioFixTestApis": "False"}

EDIT: for some reason, code being hidden works in preview but not in the thread.

relevant flag is FFlagEmulationImprovements

1 Like

I see what the problem is now, there’s a syntax error on the second FFlagEmulationImprovements. Thanks for the help!

Well, there’s something else causing issues with what I had, but setting FFlagEmulationImprovements to false on its lonesome fixes SystemMenu.

in [studioversion]\ClientSettings\ClientAppSettings.json put the following:
{"FFlagEmulationImprovements": "False"}

1 Like

I have no idea how to locally edit flags. Care to help me with that? :blush:

see @NWSpacek post above

I’m not seeing a ClientSettings folder?

you have to make it

geniusing intensifies

#####thank you

Sorry for the late bump, but anyone care to guide me through this? I’m not anywhere close to understanding this on my own. I’m only a builder :sweat_smile:

For Windows? I’ll send you more detailed instructions on how to fix it in a private message since staff have said in the past they don’t like people posting about fast flags.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.