Further Changes to Playing Ability of Experimental Mode Games

I know how it works but you still can exploit with it on just because people may not see the stuff they do it still can effect the gameplay depending on what exploits they use and how they are used.

3 Likes

This thread is being heavily derailed. Reminder that it is a public thread and also not about articles news stations make on Roblox.

1 Like

This is a pretty big change. It’s worth it though.

4 Likes

I agree that this is the right decision, but at the same time I don’t get why they don’t just force FE upon all games. Sure this would break a lot of older games, but it would allow those games to still be open and possibly work. Also I don’t see what the point of allowing FE to be disabled does. Sure it allows the client to access server-side objects, but also that is the most open route to exploitation.

20 Likes

No, you can’t change anything on anyone else’s screen without weaknesses in scripts made by the programmer of the game. i.e. If you have a game with just a baseplate and FE, people cannot exploit practically at all aside from on their own client.

(Also, you claim to understand how FilteringEnabled works but clearly don’t)

2 Likes

because you can still noclip and do all that other crap. just because someone can not see certain exploits does not mean people can not see other exploits you see this all the time in jailbreak.

2 Likes

I agree, why didn’t they just do this instead? Most games from 2008 onwards that havent been updated are most likely broken anyway. I’d rather look at the architecture of the maps than not be able to view it at all.

15 Likes

Thats like saying roblox is exploit free with this decision it isn’t stuff still can be done parents still will blame roblox.

I don’t agree with forcing experimental mode off at this time. There needs to be a window of opportunity to port games out of experimental mode, which is easier to do when you can test it in an experimental mode environment. If the change is forced at this time, entire games will break, which makes testing and applying changes to them much more difficult.

I support the removal of experimental mode, but we need a warning on it. It shouldn’t be part of this thread’s change.

7 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: although no one played it anyway

12 Likes

Please stop writing slippery slope fallacies and equating noclipping with inserting genitals and other explicit nonsense. You are not helping this thread and in fact are only saturating it with useless and incorrect complaints. Please write a structured argument instead.

—

If you’re going to lock away all experimental mode games, please instead force existing ones to FE so we can at least join them. Devs can disable access if they’re active and want to. Get it over with.

22 Likes

This will be my last message on this thread as I don’t want to keep commenting this on a public thread.

The exploits you can still do with FilteringEnabled on are not at all damaging to the play experience of others, and even more importantly they are on the opposite end of the spectrum of severity compared to the exploits I have already mentioned.

I’d advise that in future you don’t try and make points about things you don’t fully understand. I can see that you’re a modeller, I wouldn’t ever tell you that what you’re saying about modeling is incorrect, so why not respect my knowledge as a dedicated and very experienced programmer on this platform?

Also to quote my earlier reply, I wouldn’t say it’s your fault you don’t really understand it, Roblox needs to make it clearer why this change must be made.

12 Likes

haha yes now i have to fix all of my build showcases thanks

7 Likes

Because you fail to realize I worked for vehicle simulator for a time and now my own game I see exploits i see devs complaining about them and trying to patch them. So yeah I think I can say people still can do game breaking exploits.

6 Likes

RIP Roblox history. I think more of an effort needs to be made to preserve these creations. Such as, for example, marking games older than the date of this new implementation something like “Unprotected Game” or along those lines assuming those games were classed as Experimental Mode. It would save the games that don’t upgrade to the FE format or games with inactive creators and still allow users to play these ancient gems.

35 Likes

Forcefully converting existing unfiltered games would have been better than restricting all of them forever.

30 Likes

Can’t you at least make it so you can join experimental games if you’re in the place’s group?

12 Likes

Those are both very good solutions, and the first one seems especially doable since player count is already an option in Roblox. I don’t see it being particularly resource taxing to force all experimental games into single player.

7 Likes

The difference is that FilteringEnabled games only have game-related bugs, whereas non-FilteringEnabled games can have players import bad images into the game and everyone can see them.
If someone were to try to do this on a FilteringEnabled game, the images would not show for the other players.

He isn’t saying FilteringEnabled stops exploits, but it prevents changes made on the client device from replicating over without monitoring.

8 Likes

There goes so many classics. Couldn’t we be allowed to play these games alone or just with our friends instead, otherwise there’s no point of experimental mode existing.

39 Likes