Game wrongly displayed as Experimental Mode & blacklisted from young players (critical)

Despite every place in the game being FilteringEnabled and Experimental Mode being turned off in Game Settings, my game Miner’s Haven is being displayed as Experimental Mode and is being blacklisted from the Games page for young players. Miner's Haven - Roblox

My game has been wrongly blacklisted from under 13 users for potentially several months.

edit:

15 Likes

As far as I know, you have to start a new server in either just the lobby, or in all places of the game, before the label is updated.

There are hundreds of servers up at any given moment. The game has been FilteringEnabled on all places for years. It has never not been FilteringEnabled

Do you have any places created through CreatePlaceAsync?

Yes. But they are all two years old and there’s no way for me to remove them all. Plus, they are all also FilteringEnabled.

1 Like

Yep, this is a known issue with experimental mode where places created through CreatePlaceAsync aren’t properly marked as FE even if they have always been FE. Since this is causing massive player drops (entire userbase under 13) and affects multiple top games (Miner’s Haven and HHCL Hockey), I would add ROBLOXCRITICAL to the title.

7 Likes

Roblox should not be removing the ability for players to play a game until their system works properly…

20 Likes

What’s concerning is seeing that Developer Relations confirmed that Roblox Staff were aware of this over a month ago.

didn’t mean to reply to brick_man

I’m encountering this issue as well, I think creation of a thread dedicated to wrongly marked Experimental Mode games might be a good idea - similar to the filtering and text censoring thread.

1 Like

turn on/off team create then turn it off/on again. thats what fixed it for me

1 Like

Phantom forces had this issue, i created a place in the universe, and it caused this issue even though it was filtering on all places. i removed the place from the universe to fix it, and it works just fine now.

Unfortunately there are thousands of these places in my game back from when I was experimenting with the api. Can’t remove them all :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Just wanted to make sure this is seen because it was posted during the weekend.

Hey everyone,

We are actively investigating to find the best solution for the current issue. Thank you to everyone who posted here expressing their concerns.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

7 Likes

Has progress been made towards a solution? A month has passed and it seems as though the web team has forgotten about this issue. If we could get our CreatePlaceAsync places deleted manually in the mean time by an admin, that would be fantastic.

1 Like

Hi Dued1,

Thanks for reaching out. We do not have an update at this time but we will definitely follow up soon.

1 Like

We are currently investigating the bug by pulling the data first. Unfortunately at this time we do not have any other details. Once we have more information we will update this thread.

Any updates to this? I noticed Farming among Friends is considered experimental mode likely due to all of the created places. Is there an easy way to purge them?

2 Likes

Any update? It’s been more than five months and my game is still stuck in experimental mode.

1 Like

@Nightgaladeld this is a serious oversight

6 Likes