Game wrongly displayed as Experimental Mode & blacklisted from young players (critical)

I also have a game that uses script created places in a universe, and have “Experimental Mode” appear for the game even though all places are filtering enabled. Would appreciate a fix.

1 Like

They disabled people under 13 from even playing experimental games, my player count literally dropped from 60 to 9, and I’m getting tons of messages of people thinking they’re banned. This is a really serious problem Roblox needs to fix. Every single one of my place my game has filtering enabled.

5 Likes

This is intended, as Roblox is trying to get all developers to move towards FE.
This change also limits the exposure of games that break the Roblox ToS, such as Sex Games, Games that include Racially Motivated Hate, and games that attempt to steal player’s accounts.

EDIT: I misread his statement, I thought his games were NOT FE.

He stated that his games are FilteringEnabled. He isn’t saying people under 13 not being able to join is the bug, he’s saying the original topic of this thread is the bug. Please stay on topic.

1 Like

My mistake.

1 Like

Just posting to say that I am experiencing this issue after having all included Places within the Game being FilteringEnabled and setting Experimental Mode to off within Roblox Studio.

This is happening to Flood Escape 1 without any CreatePlaceAsync() methods etc and I am unable to disable Experimental Mode.

@Nightgaladeld could you provide some feedback regarding this? Thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also getting this issue as of a few days ago with my game Framed. I have many created places from long ago, all with FE off, and there is no possible way to remove them all and make the game universe not Experimental Mode again.

2 Likes

This has happened to my game, https://www.roblox.com/games/1674467848/Abenaki-ANIMATION-UPDATE - after closing down the game from the public, and reopening it. I’m pretty concerned about it, as I’ve wasted plenty of robux into advertising, yet players under 13 aren’t able to join. I really hope it’ll get fixed soon.

1 Like

Okay, just to add onto it - I have tried to close/reopen the place. FE is turned on. I tried to update it with me joining the game. Everything fails to work. The closest we have came to fixing it, is when on an account under the age of 13 goes onto the game page, about 50% of the time - it will display the play button, rather than the experimental mode message. However, when you click on the “play” button, it will state you are not authorized to join the game. Due to the new update with experimental mode, it isn’t just players who are over 13 who are allowed to join the game, but rather, only players on your friends list. As of right now, many members of the player-base believe they are banned. I will continue to attempt to fix this issue, but as of right now - it seems glitched. Everything seems to be in-place, and I have completely searched and searched for a solution, yet as of right now, I am having trouble finding one that actually works.

1 Like

My game revolves around using CreatePlaceAsync (there is no alternative), and it’s causing my game to say it’s experimental mode even though none of the places in my game are. And now that they’ve disabled ALL players from playing, my game went from ~30 people active at a time to 0. This is really horrible.

4 Likes

I’m just scared they’ll deprecate CreatePlaceAsync, they’re telling me to find another alternative method, but there is no alternative method, i’m making a building game where people create their own places and build in them. I couldn’t possibly store the amount of blocks that people build within a save file, and it’d lag horribly trying to load all those blocks back up too

2 Likes

What needs to happen is CreatePlaceAPI automatically creates Filtering Enabled places. But I’m not sure what that would take on the engineering side.

1 Like

All the places i’ve made using createplaceasync are filtering enabled, the template place is filtering enabled, and every single place is filtering enabled, so I dunno

2 Likes

I know the issue, though I am not sure if there is a fix.
Basically the way it’s always worked for me, is that a game FE or not, shows up as not FE until you or someone else plays it. A fix for most games is to just play your own game and that sets it to register as FE after a bit (If it is actually FE). If you’re generating games with code or something, I don’t know that there would be a way to force it to register as FE.

1 Like

Probably is due to the fact that not all the places created have been played, but that’s pretty dumb that the place has to be played before it registers whether it’s experimental…

2 Likes

Yea I’m not totally sure why it’s like this, likely is something deep in the roblox code, but playing each of my own games fixed the problem every time for me, so hopefully it will for you as well.

2 Likes

I’ve sent an email to Developer Relations and still have not heard anything back. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Solved by Game wrongly displayed as Experimental Mode & blacklisted from young players (critical)