"Getting the latest Roblox..." -- Infinite loop, can't even uninstall it

As of 4/26/17, every single time I’ve tried to launch either the Roblox player or Roblox Studio, I get an infinite marquee progress indicator that tells me it’s getting the latest Roblox. Clearly, it isn’t doing a damn thing lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve tried various network resets such as flushing every cache Windows can possibly have, forgetting all existing networks and reconnecting to them, restarting my computer (he he tech support! xd), and even reinstalli- Oh, wait! I can’t even uninstall it natively because it tries to get the latest Roblox… so it can uninstall itself. cough oversight cough

Happens 100% of the time. I can’t find any logs or output coming from the updater process. pls help i have work to do

1 Like

I get this and it goes away when I turn off my antivirus.

1 Like

Well I’ll be damned… this has never been a problem until today. Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

I had this a while ago and I don’t even have an antivirus though

1 Like

I had this too a few hours ago. My antivirus didn’t seem to want to turn off (surprisingly) so I just waited and waited and after 30 minutes, it had updated!

What antivirus are you using?

I’m using AVG. It didn’t always have an issue, but what’s really not nice is that it doesn’t give any indication that it is doing something. The only reason I know it’s doing something is that roblox only updates when I disable it.

Also using AVG here, same issue unless I turn it off temporarily.

I have been having this problem for a week now, Avast seems to be causing it as well. Disabling Avast fixed

Wait, people still use anti virus?

1 Like

Yes, why wouldn’t people protect there PC ? Honestly don’t you think that is a little bit weird not to have software on your PC to prevent attacks ?

2 Likes

Well, if you don’t really do that much on your Pc you shouldn’t be getting viruses

Somehow I haven’t gotten any virus in more than a year, while not having an AV and having disabled windows firewall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use AVG and had this issue too.

AVG. Judging by the responses I think we know what the culprit is.

Sorry for the rez, but I’ve been having this same problem with Avast for months. The fix works for this too.

I’m having this issue :confused:

I have no active running antiviruses. I use Malwarebytes but only the free plan which doesn’t protect my PC in real time, only on scheduled scans.

I’ve tried restarting my PC twice to no avail, I’ve deleted my temp cache in appdata/local,
no luck.

If anyone could help me out with this I’d appreciate it. It started happening after a studio crash and is incredibly frustrating. I can’t even uninstall roblox because it opens the same loop

Edit: After a good 10 minutes or so, this happened

Edit 2:

I just went through a system restore
to set my pc back to 5 months ago
tried installing roblox

All my other applications are working fine, internet is fine. Can someone help me out? I’m running out of ideas

Do you think you could send your installation log file in a private message? It should be in the folder C:\users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp, and called something like RBX-A_BUNCH_OF_RANDOM_DIGITS.log.

We’re working on trying to make the install process as robust as possible, so we’re very interested in logs when things like this happen in the wild.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.