Group games Visits included in group owners total Place Visits

But

1. He owns the group.
  2. He got them all into that group.
  3. He can do what he wants with it.
  4. Any other way will be abused, and giving no one ability to get the visits is just worse than giving the owner.
  5. Most (successful) groups dont work like in your scenario.
  6. Making a group like you said would be hard, unless they all get paid which is arleady big enough reward.
  7. Giving like 10 developers visits from 1 place is just really strange.

And as I said, if everyone is equal it still doesnt change that the owner is only one. I dont see the real point of fighting to give it that to everyone if its not fair arleady. (and dead groups WILL surely abuse it as its stated in point 3

1. Old dead groups with visits could just give everyone a right to edit, as you cant delete games or remove visits.
1 Like

I feel like the best solution here would to be allow the group owner and anyone with permission to edit the game to add it to their profile. If they choose to add it to their profile, then the number of place visits on that game will be added to their total number of place visits.

2 Likes

Read EDIT #1 please, I explain there why we shouldnt allow people to claim/distribute visits.

I think that we could either just transfer it or either put the summary at the group’s page. :thinking:

1 Like

I was going to make a post like this but saw you already made one! I also support this feature. It would be nice to see the total visits of all the games I’ve worked on that are also in groups.

13 Likes

Bumping it after a year due to the developer awards.

I’ve noticed that this is even more relevant ( Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags ) as the future of Crown of O’s about to come into play. Without visits being tied to your profile, many developers will not be rewarded for their hard work.

5 Likes

I don’t think it is relevant at all for that reason, there is nothing that mentions it uses the data label from player profiles. It’s more likely they have some custom data analytics pipeline that is calculating everything from raw data for these awards.

1 Like

I wasn’t rewarded for my hard work :frowning: can’t get verified either…