GuiObject.CornerRadius

This would add a border to each edge of the object with the set radius. You can do this with 9-splice GUIs (which is coming out soon), but that requires loading images. I believe adding this property would add a lot more flexibility in what the robloxs GUI system can do.

EDIT: Changed the name from BorderRadius to CornerRadius.

17 Likes

I don’t think I understand completely. Is this meant to be a solid color border? An image border? A rounded corner border?

Solid color borders of any size for GUI objects already exist. They are only rectangular in shape, though. See BorderSizePixel and BorderColor3. In what way does this idea differ?

[quote] I don’t think I understand completely. Is this meant to be a solid color border? An image border? A rounded corner border?

Solid color borders of any size for GUI objects already exist. They are only rectangular in shape, though. See BorderSizePixel and BorderColor3. In what way does this idea differ? [/quote]

I’m talking about letting us able to make the corners of a GUI rounded.

For example, check out what it is in CSS.
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/tryit.asp?filename=trycss3_border-radius

That makes a ton more sense, thanks!

I personally don’t believe this would be great to add since we will soon have 9-slice frames, even though they take up more resources. If this were added then we should probably have a CornerStyle enum (Round, Cut, None) and a CornerRadius property. BorderRadius is too much like BorderSizePixel and is confusing at first.

Yeah, I agree the name is sort of confusing; CornerRadius would probably be better. But only giving us three options as to how we can make our corners seems sort of cutting it short as to what they would work on.

I’m using work-arounds at the moment, and it’s absolutely horrible

I would cry tears of joy if this was released; all Roblox games will start using it as well

We also need more fonts while we’re at it

1 Like

I would like this. To be able to round the corners all the way to a circle. The shape could range anywhere between square and circle. All this can be done with decals but one probably wouldn’t need so many decals in the first place if this were an option.

Bringing this back up, since with all the new UI stuff coming out this would be a godsend.

1 Like

I would like to add rounded corners, but they are complex to implement in a generalized way other than using 9slices.

The benefit of having a property over using 9 slice is being able to change the corners’ radius based off of what you need- and not having to upload different images just to get a different look.

I’d love this feature right about now.

3 Likes

I need papa blox.

:pray: :triumph:

any word on this

2 Likes