Help with microprofiler labels needed

I’ve been trying to look into fixing some lag in my game Clover Online. I figured the best way to find out the source of the lag is to use the microprofiler. The issue is that i don’t actually know what the majority of the labels are referencing, hence also not able to find out what i should look to improve. The major ones seem to be “Worker::runJob”, “Perform” and “Prepare”. If somebody knows the microprofiler well, i’d be more than thankful if they were to enlighten me a little in any way possible.

If you need too you can adjust the labels that appear in the “Groups” tab and select the groups you wish to appear.
Also worth noting you can press Ctrl+P to pause the profiler.
As for the Worker::runJob, Perform and Prepare bars, those appear to be standard and even appear when there aren’t any scripts you’ve made in a place. However even I don’t know what exactly they mean, so someone who has a better knowledge of the profiler can hopefully explain.

http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=User:MaxV

Here is a good description of what the rendering related bars in the microprofiler mean. It includes info on preform and prepare.

1 Like

Very helpful, thank you!