Home Screen Shortcuts

I recently noticed a feature on Spotify which allows you to save certain playlists as shortcuts to your Android home screen (not sure about iOS.)

I think it would be cool if we could save shortcuts of our favourite games to the homescreen from the mobile app. This would be a small change to make but would be beneficial to both players and developers, as well as Roblox itself.

The shortcut would be the game icon and name, perhaps with a Roblox icon in the corner, similar to how Google’s shortcuts appear

31 Likes

If Roblox could automatically open a given webpage in the Roblox app after having opened it in Safari (and I think it can if you click the “Play” button on a game’s web page on an iOS device) this could be accomplished by adding bookmarks to your iOS homepage, albeit manually. When you’d open these bookmarks, they would lead you to a roblox.com web page, you could receive an alert to open the app at the given location. I don’t think that iOS supports any direct application shortcut feature.

5 Likes

iOS has widgets. I’m assuming that’s what this would be best with.

5 Likes

This would be the best way. Icons on the home screen(s) are limited to applications or websites only, an application cannot have more than one icon.

7 Likes

Roblox should really add this, it’s 2023 and i’m pretty sure every single platform support home screen shortcuts.

1 Like