ImageLabels and ImageButtons always very blurry

A while back I asked how to make it so my Gui elements wouldn’t be blurry, and was told that the size of the label must be the exact size of the decal to prevent blurred images. I’ve tried this, and my images still appeared blurred.

From what I’ve seen, most people’s Core Gui elements are quite clear and sharp. Not so for me:

Off-topic: it appears someone forgot to update the image for MouseLockSwitch in the help pages

What’s the problem here?

EDIT: The Core Guis and other labels have always been blurry, not just since the new Core Guis were released

What kind of graphics card do you have?
I had a similar problem with an Intel Integrated Chip, and I fixed it by setting “Texture Quality” to the highest setting.

Image GUI quality is linked to your texture quality set on your graphics card.

Where might I access the settings for this thing? (I’m running Windows 7)

Tfw my laptop overheats and shuts off when the quality level is above 1

:frowning:

Bump, as I still need an answer, and there’s no reason to create a new thread.

I also need to know where I can find the actual information about my graphics card.

I also need to know where I can find the actual information about my graphics card.[/quote]

Well that sounds great and all but if we don’t know what kind off graphics card you have, how are we supposed to help you?

Take a screenshot of your graphics driver’s control panel too, please.

I also need to know where I can find the actual information about my graphics card.[/quote]

Well that sounds great and all but if we don’t know what kind off graphics card you have, how are we supposed to help you?

Take a screenshot of your graphics driver’s control panel too, please.[/quote]

I need someone to tell me where to find this information before I can let you guys know what kind of card I have.

I need help to help you to help me… :uhhh:

K let’s say you have an AMD type video card, open Catalyst Control Center (start typing that in the windows start menu search) and open it up. Open the Gaming tab and click 3D application settings and scroll down to Catalyst A.I. and move the scrollbar for Texture Quality all the way to the right. Same with Mipmap detail level under that.

Nvidia probably has a similar setup but just

P.S. The reason the guis are blurry in the first place is probably because your settings lower the quality on the larger sprite sheets for the buttons and other images

Many thanks, Maelstronomer! I found my graphics card and changed the texture quality: