Impossible to promote a new Xbox game?

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to promote a new game on Xbox. The thread in which you can submit Xbox builds for your game is not kept up to date and it seems submissions are being ignored.

I have spent a fair amount of time creating a new game and ensuring that it is playable on Xbox, even buying an Xbox to test. On other platforms you can buy sponsored ads to draw new players, but there are no sponsored ads for console.

The handful of players who stumbled upon my game tend to play for long periods of time, but I have no way of drawing more players.

28 Likes

Yeah, process for requesting game features keeps changing. First that thread, then Nominations category with tag, then Nominations category + device subcategory, now survey: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/official-featured-sort-game-nomination-survey/61535

It’d probably be a good idea to document this better.

6 Likes

There is the additional step between nominations + device which was this:

6 Likes

Hey, I will start something up this week to see what we need to do in order to make this a more streamlined process.

I will also write down on my to-do list to investigate ways for Developers to promote their game on Xbox. There might be some Xbox Requirements here that will make this different then on other platforms but I’ll see what needs to happen.

Thanks for bringing this up.

11 Likes

I know before @PenguinMikeDavis was the one that helped me get my games featured. Is this still the case?

3 Likes

No, he is not a staff member anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks for that link @EchoReaper.

Although no Xbox featured games were listed last month, I was also told that Xbox featured games are cycled in and out, but at a slower rate because they need to be tested more thoroughly. This at least makes it possible to get your game featured.

I would still like to be able to run ads for an Xbox game, but good to see that featuring is still possible.

7 Likes

I thought I would follow up on this.

It is currently on our roadmap, but I do not have an ETA for its release. Some backend work is required before we make it happen.

7 Likes