Improved Developer Stats

I’ve loved the dev stats since they came out, I even have a pinned tab with the dev stats for my game permanently open, they’re really useful. These are few things which I think would make them even better.

• Max Concurrent Players
    Each hour has a tag for max concurrent players when you mouse over the different points of the Visits Chart. This would be very nice to see how the game was running while I was away/asleep, or if the visits are bunched into a short spike, or spread out over the hour/day/month.

• Average Play Time Until Item Purchase in the CSV Monthly Download
    I’ve recently started using the CSV download quite a lot; looking at how my different products are performing. It would be super if the ‘average time a player spends in-game until they purchase something’ is included for each product.

• A List of Errors
    I’ve used a few different analytics websites to record errors (gameanalytics.com, Google Analytics, Mixpanel), but they all have limitations and don’t always display errors effectively. A simple output-style list would be really nice, and possibly even a button which will put you in the server the error came from if it’s still running.

• Average “Up-Time” of Servers
    I can never be sure if I should shutdown all the servers for an update, or leave them to die out on their own if only a few ‘old’ servers are remaining. This could be suplmented with this: Allow us to phase out old servers by preventing new players from joining

• Time Played Until Liked/Favourite/Dislike
    This would be really useful to see the average play time before a player is likely to favourite or like the game. It would also be useful for dislikes. For instance, if 80% of dislikes come after the first minute, then the introduction of the game needs to be improved.

• Number of Active VIP Servers
    It would also be very nice to see how many VIP Servers are active, and how many subscriptions are running. Currently we can only see this if we go to Game > Configure > Access, which feels quite hidden. (Suggestion by @pauljkl)

These are a few things which I feel would improve and already great feature. Please feel free to comment and discuss! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Add VIP server number too please

2 Likes

Some of the analytics you mentioned could (as you said) be tracked externally but it would be much more convenient to have the tracking built into Roblox. Now that larger and larger numbers of players and money are in Roblox games, I think it is important for Roblox to step up their analytics. When games are making thousands of dollars, it is extremely useful to have analytics to improve player experience and spend. By building an integrated system into Roblox to track analytics, extremely useful information would become widely available to all developers.

I would also love to see your suggestions that are not possible to track. Server uptime and information on Likes, dislikes, and favorites would be amazing!

1 Like

I would love this.

:^)