Improving the Safety of our Community

About saving user input to Data Store…

Actually, I’d really like to be aware just how Roblox evaluates game filtering:
-Does moderation involve a person? Does he join the game and carefully checks all features?
-Does the mod system check for what has been collected via filter API function arguments (player + filtered message)?
-Does the mod check involve surfing what we have saved in place DataStores?

I can tell, that in the end Roblox wants a clean game that would bring them clean reputation, but Roblox doesn’t want to tinker with exceptions and have everyone use a standard. I want to know exactly just what I’m going to be judged for.

Does everything basically come down to:
Player input -> filter -> another player

Or are there additional restrictions beyond that?

12 Likes

Hey guys,

This is just a reminder that you can still (to my knowledge) bring up issues with words that shouldn’t be filtered in this thread.

Relevant to people whose usernames/place names/group names/etc. are being filtered.

edit:
Also, I’m not entirely sure this is going to help our community of growing and learning developers very much.

10 Likes

A UNSC group game now went on review and provides nothing that breaks the filtering system. The problem is that they’re getting exploited. And they don’t got scripters that can make it FE.

2 Likes

If that’s the case and they’re going to enforce FE like that they may as well make it a requirement and not beat around the bush with it.

Nothing screams requirement more than telling someone its optional and giving them an optional toggle but then shutting their game down because their game isn’t FE because a bunch of edgy children come along and exploit their game out of their control.

8 Likes

Something like that was posted somewhere. I know for one thing if they make FE an requirement a lot of the games on the front page would vanish.

2 Likes

Which is bad if not terrible policy.

At that point you may as well force FE as a requirement because it’s out of the game owner’s control.

7 Likes

And it’s unfair either way but just making it an requirement stops everyone going around in circles and the frustration/sadness. Although, I also feel making this an requirement reduces the creativity potential of people on ROBLOX when they are just kids that don’t really know/understand this stuff. They just throw a bunch of free models into games and make something interesting or weird. Without doing this when I was young I wouldn’t of been at my current ability

It’s annoying and frustrating either way but one clear, constant and precise policy just makes life easier. Although I know that policies similar to this (like chat filtering) was a huge backfire and a cluster of confusion.

5 Likes

They’re going to get shut down anyway when they get exploited. I don’t see why postponing it a couple weeks is useful.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, just because I’ve only briefly scanned the entirety of this thread, but is there any way you could filter Non-FE/Filtered games from 13 and Under? I completely understand why all of this is happening, especially in the time frame it is, but like any business that is expanding exponentially, bad press is going to come about.

What ever happened to the seperation of 13- and 13+? What if games that wished to appear for both communities had to go through some kind of approval process? (Thus, games that hadn’t gone through this process would only be avaliable for 13+) It’s going to be more difficult for ROBLOX since they’re trying to maintain their connection with a younger audience while also moving towards being a full-fledged platform.

9 Likes