Issues with servers in a universe

If you’ve got some time, let me know if you see the problem in the place you’ve just linked me.

If not, I’ll be able to take a closer look at this stuff later this week.

Okay. I will do, Thanks :smiley:

The problem occurs literally by using teleport service on a server with more than 1 player. When teleporting any sort of mass users, the service seems to create a new server for each user vs teleporting to an existing one. If you perform theses tests in any one of the ScriptBuilders, it happens every single time. Simply use TeleportService:Teleport on multiple people at once. That’s it.

1 Like

Tried it with two characters at once and didn’t see any problems with these steps.

1. character1 teleports to next room
  2. character2 teleports to next room
  3. both characters in the same room.

Do you have a repro case for this?

Yeah. Me and my friend tried splitting it, even at 5 second intervals, different servers. It’s a really big problem. I’ve heard some other people go on about this too on their forums. Cases I’ve heard are where if you teleport 50 people at the same time (admin commands) then there’ll be like 20 different servers or a daft number and a few of those people will actually get an error. Teleport service is really out of balance right now with the rest of the ROBLOX system.

Apologizes, I’m not always on here. If you can catch me on the discord, I can give you a live demo. Or, setup an available time. It happens every single time, even with two people.

Are you saying you got it to happen in the test place you linked me?

If so, can I get a video or specific instructions on how to make it happen in the test place?

Can you give a place link and specific instructions on how to make what you said happen? Unless there’s something complex involved a demonstration shouldn’t be necessary.

Alright, give me a bit to set it all up. I’ll update this post with the relevant info when ready.

Hey. Still happening.

@spotco

@spotco ny news/information? Thanks.

I’ve noticed this bug as well last week while testing my game. As far as I know this isn’t actually universe related. Instead, when a player wants to join a game/place a request is sent to Roblox. When it appears there are no available servers a new one is created and the player is put into that server. However, there seems to be a rather long delay between the new server being created and the Roblox noticing a new one has been created. As a result, if two players try to join a place with no free spots in any server (for example, in a place with 0 players or a place with only full servers), a server will be created for both players because of this delay and the players are split into the new different server. I think you can simply reproduce this bug by selecting an empty place/game and asking one or two friends to join the place/game right as you join it.

1 Like

Yes. This has been happening. On point, although I kept trying to join the server my 2 friends were in and I was unable to do so. Even after 10 minutes.

@Zomebody @DynamicCreation
Thanks for the detailed report. Server creation-discovery delay does seem possible (there’s been a bunch of web-side changes, but nothing in client related to this).

I’ll take a look at this when I get in tomorrow. My current thought for this is that there must be a lua workaround (unless this is new behaviour?). Do any of your existing “live” games have any code to handle this delay?

1 Like

No code at all. But we shouldn’t need to add in some extra code, should we?

It’s a new behaviour, this didn’t start happening until around a month ago. So some update back around then screwed things up.

This is happening way too often now. :confused:

1 Like

I can confirm this issue happens all the time when my group is using TeleportService to move people by the masses from one place to another. This is only a recent issue and has nothing to do with universes. It’s extremely annoying, because it will legitimately turn 30 people that should’ve fit into a single 35 person server into 10 servers of 2/35 .

3 Likes

This still isn’t patched? I’m getting a bit frustrated with this since it’s keeping me from working on my game.

1 Like

Hoping this gets fixed ASAP. Don’t want my project to die :frowning: