Kill the screenshot popup

This should be removed.

It suffers from a few problems:

• Freezes the client until closed
  • Sometimes doesn’t come into focus but still freezes the client, resulting in confused users thinking that Roblox crashed
  • It’s a popup
  • Looks pretty rough
  • Two random scrollbars (???)
  • Doesn’t say anything important enough to justify its existence

Those issues can be fixed, but I’m asking for it to be removed. Popups should be limited to important alerts to keep the user from becoming desensitized. It’s not really an important alert, so I don’t think that time put into fixing it would be well spent.

After the popup is disabled, the only feedback to tell the user that they took a screenshot is a spike of lag. The spike of lag should be replaced with some kind of visual cue imo.

64 Likes

I agree we should remove this but I do think it would be awesome if you could take screenshots in-game and share them on the site with your friends somehow. It definitely needs to be a lot better than this though.

9 Likes

In addition, please don’t kill the system’s print screen function. I like being able to paste the image directly into an image manipulation program.

11 Likes

What if you can choose to upload it to a temp roblox image server.
And a link to roblox’s image is put into the chat or it’s seperate “notification” tab

1 Like

The problem with a visual cue is that if you were to take more than one screenshot in a row within a short period of time it would also capture the visual cue. I would move for an audio cue of some sort.

1 Like

So have the screenshot ignore the cue.

1 Like

I’m not sure how easy that would be for the developers, but I guess so, yeah.

Sometimes I cant escape it when its frozen and I have to shut down my computer, really annoying

Yeah. The picture should be both copied to the clipboard + saved to the screenshots folder.

Agreed. While we’re at it:

demo2.png

This should exist but shouldn’t be visible when screenshots are taken.

13 Likes

Your idea is really nice, It would be nice if we can use this along with ‘Followers’, so there is a reason you follow someone- it does nothing now

Thats something native to Windows since you can do that just by screenshotting your desktop and has nothing to do with ROBLOX’s own screenshot system.

Are you on windows?

Here’s a test, if you are:

1. press prntscr on your desktop and paste it into paint
  2. open a roblox game, press prntscr and paste it into paint

notice a difference?

Windows 10.
I don’t notice a difference. Am I overlooking something?

I just want it to

• Not have a popup
  • Print the screen to my clipboard so I can Ctrl+V in discord or something.

Did the image of the roblox window paste into paint?

I’m kind of confused because I don’t get that popup. Press the ‘Never show this again’ button?

The client does still freeze for a second, and the visual cue in the bottom right still shows up in sequential screenshots.

Well yeah and it pasted my 2nd monitor screen as well, exactly as Windows usually behaves.

Regardless of your experience with Roblox not screwing it up, others like myself have experienced it, and it is very aggravating.

1 Like

This is a recent change in windows 10. Roblox used to eat the print-screen and you couldn’t paste it into paint; it’d only show up in the MyPictures folder. Now I can paste it in paint - with the change that it pastes the whole desktop including the game window. Before, to get the roblox client pasteable into paint, you had to lose focus by clicking the desktop in windowed mode.

1 Like