[Live] Changes to Game Passes

My concern is that most of the comments under gamepasses relate to cheats or unwanted guides on how to obtain them.

1 Like

is it just me or do test purchases not work in studio

2 Likes

It does not work. It doesnā€™t register the purchase and does not fire the event on the server.

this is a gamepass. As you can see, after buying it did nothing and I can buy it AGAIN.

Old gamepass idā€™s do not work with the new prompt either, I ahd to replace all the idā€™s after the change

Server code

game:GetService("MarketplaceService").PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished:connect(function(Player,PurchaseID,isPurchased)

Client:

game:GetService('MarketplaceService'):PromptGamePassPurchase(game.Players.LocalPlayer, ProductID)

How I get the IDā€™s:

When trying to buy a NEW gamepass, this message shows up in the console.

the only thing that is done locally is showing the prompt.

5 Likes

I spent like an hour trying to figure out what was happening
really hope they make test purchases work, real pain right now

5 Likes

That is not a test purchase, that is in a LIVE server :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

oh well thatā€™s even worse

4 Likes

The old IDā€™s you used arenā€™t game pass IDā€™s. Of course they donā€™t work with the new function.

As they said, all old game passes will have an asset ID and a game pass ID. New ones only have a game pass ID. This is for two reasons:

1. To not break games that are no longer being updated
  2. To not temporarily break games that havenā€™t changed over to the new function
3 Likes

I did the same thing earlier, when they made the change all my old gamepasses got a new ID in the url, which I then copy pasted into the new system and Iā€™m having the same problem as well. Iā€™m not using the old asset IDs.

1 Like

Yeah, I know thereā€™s issues with it. Was responding to the specific piece I quoted.

Sorry if I caused a misunderstanding.

1 Like

Bump this, I just noticed that new Game Passes have no web api info, and this broke a chrome plugin I made.

1 Like

How do we get the old assetids for gamepasses that were created before(and thus have an assetid attached)?

8 Likes

Actually there has been a web api for this for months.

https://api.roblox.com/marketplace/game-pass-product-info?gamePassId=1818

6 Likes

Still looking for an endpoint that deals with game pass ownership

4 Likes

My friend has issue with getting a Game Pass icon.
It will always use ā€œ0ā€ as the image ID.

Is there any way to load those?

3 Likes

GetProductInfo returning IconImageAssetId as 0 seems to be a bug. Should be able to get the image ID again when thatā€™s fixed.

2 Likes

Also not all the gamepasses I own show up in my inventory. Is that the case for anyone else?

4 Likes

For some reason me and my friend cannot change the price of our gamepass or put them onsale. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because the gamepass is for a group. Is anyone else having the same issue?

3 Likes

How many do you have on sale under that game? Thereā€™s a limit of 15

2 Likes

They said theyā€™re aware of this issue and a fix should be shipping soon.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still running into this issue, is there a fix yet or do we still need to wait?

4 Likes