[Live] Changes to Game Passes

Test purchases in Studio do not appear to fire any of the new events which makes testing gamepasses frustrating.

2 Likes

The event appears to fire fine for me: Repro.rbxl (14.0 KB)

Can you verify that it works in this repro file? If it does, can you create a minimal repro file for the new events not firing and attach it to this thread?

1 Like

Over the last 24h Iā€™ve been getting A LOT of messages and wall posts about gamepasses not being added to their inventory, but them losing R$ on it.
Anyone else? Iā€™m using the new gamepass features, and they worked for about a week before this issue started occuring.

1 Like

Itā€™s likely their purchase didnā€™t actually go through, player reports are always terribly worded and confusing.

1 Like

I bought the swords in your ninja game yesterday. At first I thought it wasnā€™t working because it took 15 seconds between when I clicked ā€œbuyā€ and when the game pass dialog showed up. Once it appeared, everything worked fine, but I was surprised.

Related?

Unrelated, that ninja game is really fun.

8 Likes

In testing (both local server and online) I donā€™t get that delay, so maybe it was an anomoly? (I prompt for purchase via remote event + serverscript)
I am using the new GamePass features since you canā€™t use the old system anymore.

btw, glad you love the game :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, just one question.

How can I get the Image Endpoints for the GamepassId.
Previously, with the AssetId, I could do
https://www.roblox.com/asset-thumbnail/image?assetId=4365935&width=420&height=420&format=png
But now, I cannot figure out how to do it using these new IDs.
Thanks.

@RuizuKun_Dev appears to have the same issue as described in this thread

2 Likes

It has been filed as a bug internally. Thank you for reporting it!

4 Likes

Disregard, I was being dumb and didnā€™t connect the event properly (what a surprise). Sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

I found another bug. I sold a Game Pass to another game inside of my game and I got the commission, but on the sales page it showed a link to something completely irrelevant.

which leads to Coolest Brick Around! - Roblox

but itā€™s supposed to lead to Rainbow Trail - Roblox

4 Likes

Inexplicably tons of people have been messaging me about their gamepasses not working
The server does a check for the gamepass upon re-entry and adds it to their inventory if itā€™s missing.

Itā€™s been working for ~3 weeks and all of a sudden since a day ago or so itā€™s been inconsistent for some reason. People buy the pass but never get their items, even when they re-enter.
And itā€™s really hard to figure out why this is happening.

EDIT: had a live test of someone buying a gamepass, it seemed to work fine then. I think people are rarely being charged during high traffic and not actually receiving the gamepass on their profile, when thereā€™s really nothing I can do about that.

Re-entering the game essentially ā€œrecreates the inventoryā€ by checking a bunch of things, so it might not entirely a saving malfunction (to my knowledge! Iā€™m still trying to get in contact with people who told me about the gamepass glitch and push them for more info)

2 Likes

Any update on this? Iā€™m trying to get the image of a gamepass, and using :GetProductInfo() returns a 0 for the IconImageAssetId.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting this error today:
MarketPlace:UserOwnsGamePassAsync: Parses invalid JSON: Data may be corrupted

I havenā€™t updated anything gamepass related lately. Is this on my end or API?

2 Likes

How does it show the USD icon next to the robux. Is that a plug-in?

2 Likes

I got this error yesterday too.

3 Likes

Could you provide a test place that can reproduce this error? Thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to. But this bug does not happen 100% of the time. So I canā€™t provide a test place where this bugs is reproduced. Itā€™s like when the datastores fail, it only happens occasionally.

1 Like

Iā€™m still getting this. It only happens like once per 5000 sessions so itā€™s not a big problem but thought Iā€™d share the pseudo-code anyway:

local PASSES = {
	["Speed"] = {
		id = 4596243,
		price = 100,
	},
	["Radio"] = {
		id = 4596250,
		price = 250,
	},	
}

for k, v in pairs(PASSES) do
	if MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(uid, v.id) and player.Parent then
		-- stuff
	end
end

Message: MarketPlace::UserOwnsGamePassAsync: Parsed invalid JSON. Data may be corrupted

4 Likes

I can also confirm I have this error too. Iā€™ll try to make a repo, however it has a seemingly-random chance of happening.

4 Likes

I am also having some issues with a parse error. It is completely random and I donā€™t think a repo can be made.

This is the line that is affected, player.UserId is correct and the gamepass ID is also correct.

This really needs to be fixed so that I donā€™t have to indulge my market scripts in pcalls!

1 Like