Making a combat game with ranged weapons? FastCast may be the module for you!

Nope. You can make your projectiles have any speed you want.

That is quite a dilemma indeed.

The system doesn’t have a method for handling that namely since I had absolutely no idea that it was possible for that to occur.

I’ll have to come up with a way to fix that.

But where does raycasting come into play if the projectiles aren’t just for show?

If you want the projectiles to not only be for show (as in you want to use them for hit detection too), then this module is useless to you.

This module was designed for the express purpose of getting rid of part-based projectiles. Simply put, firing the raycaster should replace the creation of a velocity-based bullet that has touch detection. Likewise, the RayHit event of the raycaster should replace listening to the Touched event on the bullet part.

The reason I had suggested a cosmetic bullet is so that you can still retain the illusion of a physical part being used. You can create an anchored part that looks like your bullet, and CFrame it based on the LengthChanged event’s parameters so that you can put the bullet where the ray is currently located.

If we’re still having trouble understanding each other, I encourage you to message me - that way I can provide a bit more direct clarity on usage, and leave the public forum here to discussion and insight regarding the module’s features.

Yes!! This is EXACTLY what I’ve been needing, thank you so much for sharing this! :heart: