Mesh Parts are live!

It turns out that all meshes that are uploaded are automatically marked as ‘Free Item’, which in my opinion shouldn’t be the case. Almost all if not all other items which are uploaded aren’t marked as a Free Item and so meshes also shouldn’t be marked that way. Of course it won’t prevent people from taking your meshes, but it would at least make it a little bit more difficult.

4 Likes

As the owner of a 72 member gun building guild/group

This update is an amazing step towards having higher detailed firearms, as did CSG and featherweight parts did in the past

Great update!

2 Likes

Getting my game ready for R15 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It should still be fixed even if it weren’t for making it slightly more difficult. They should be made private by default to be future-proof. ROBLOX may go in and make efforts to improve how easy it is to get a hold of other peoples’ assets in the future (like they recently started working on improving the filter), so it’d be nice to have assets correctly marked private at that point instead of requiring uploaders to mark all meshes uploaded prior to the improvement as private.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what causes <a&href=https://www.roblox.com/MeshPart-item?id=430076073>this to happen? Some meshes have completely flat lighting and I’m trying to figure out what causes it for reasons.

1 Like

It seems this was released too casually. Do you even realize how much this could change Roblox as we currently know it…?

Roblox is an official game engine at this point.

2 Likes

This was unintended and should now be fixed.

6 Likes

It seems like the vertex normals are all screwed up. I would be interested in seeing the original fbx file that was uploaded.

2 Likes

Whoops…

16 Likes

Upload meshes for free, but it’s R$100 to upload a 120 second max audio file.

Can we look at audio max length/price now?

5 Likes

Somebody can’t just be happy for the rest of us. :smiley: The price for audio is virtually nothing if you’re making money from it.

2 Likes

Price is because someone has to sit there and listen to the whole track.

3 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING!
I didn’t believe my eyes when i saw a friend told me this on skype this morning. You guys are epic!!

1 Like

All things sci-fi are going to get a whole lot better

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for just describing the audio situation for the minority of developers who make money off of their games. There are a lot more people on ROBLOX than just those here.

0.01 seconds of audio sure takes a long time to review (edit: this part is satire FYI)

wot

1 Like

Audio upload is a flat rate. It costs the same amount of ROBUX to upload a 0.01 second audio clip as it does a full-length one.

1 Like

quite

21:38:47.913 - Error loading mesh: Mesh has too many polygons. Limit is 5000. Your mesh has 6679 T 90.fbx
Also meshes still is default “free”