Monetize Pre-Roll Ads

Since I don’t want to dig the other thread into a deeper hole than it already is, here’s an on topic thread.

With the AdService being turned off soon and everything being switched to a pre-roll ads, why not give a small percentage of robux to us?

Now, of course this will have restrictions, as it would be silly to not too. It should only give impressions similar to the mechanics tickets were handed out. One impression per person. This would only apply to NBC users ages 13+ like pre-roll ads already are (I think). So no, you won’t get an impression for every single user playing your game.

This feature won’t be botted as much, since it’s literally less than 0.5 robux per player. Also, if it’s like the AdService, you’d get profits 3 days after the impression was made, so that’s more than enough time to cancel the funds and take action.

As David Baszucki said,

[quote]
In general, anything we reward with currency will ultimately be botted.[/quote]

We shouldn’t discourage things because it should potentially be botted. We can’t let a handful of people ruin it for everyone.

[size=8]come at me[/size]
Credit to @sncplay42 for the idea.

1 Like

This needs to happen, otherwise there’s literally no incentive to develop a game that can run on mobile. That’s not good for ROBLOX

3 Likes

Yeah because basically what they’re doing is getting rid of the revenue share when showing ads in our game- and running ads before they enter and taking every cent.

ROBLOX only enabled this for when they had the issue with AdColony where it would show 18+ content to people under 13. Pretty sure this is fixed.

Ah. Yeah, I just took what AdService has on the wiki. It says it’s restricted to 13+ users.

It is still restricted. My money never shot back up from when it went down from the introduction of this.

But if ads are botted doesn’t ROBLOX get paid for it too?

Yeah, but that isn’t necessarily something a company would want to promote.

The advertisers would surely start paying less if it was clear that the ads were being heavily botted and the conversion rate was low for them.

So why isn’t this a problem for YouTube?

Because it’s Google. That alone.