New Animation Editor Announcement

Please fix, can’t make symmetric animations

Hey all, the ability to select multiple keys at once and move/drag them should be live now!

We’ve got another batch of requests and bug fixes that we are working on for the new Animation Editor (including being able to edit multiple easing options at once and keyframe markers) that should be released within the next two weeks.

Thanks!

10 Likes

As far as everything I’ve tried, I noticed that there is no option to have keyframes snap at specific increments, I think it’s great that you can freely move keyframes at whatever point on the timeline you want, but it would still be incredibly useful to have an option to snap keyframes at specific increments.

Another thing that I feel is missing with this update is the inability to select a row of keyframes with just one click. Currently you need to manually select each individual keyframe one by one if you want to edit a whole row, having a feature that allows you to select a row of keyframes is a quality of life improvement I would find to be helpful.

An example of how this could be done:

The orange diamonds being the “Select all” keyframes displayed on the “HumanoidRootPart” row.

We are going to add snapping to pose movement and it will work just like the scrubber soon. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

As for selecting a row, can’t you just zoom out completely and then select all those poses in a row by dragging?

I tried drag selecting keyframes but I couldn’t seem to get it to work, maybe I was doing something wrong? I assumed I had to hold CTRL and drag but it didn’t work, just clicking and dragging initiates the keyframe movement so that didn’t seem to work either, is there a specific way I need to do it to drag select keyframes?
I also tried to just click and drag from the side without directly interacting with the keyframes, but nothing seemed to happen, maybe I was missing something.

It should just be click-and-drag on any of the joint timelines. However, if you click where a keyframe is and then attempt to drag, then you will not be able to multi-select. Does this happen for you on a new/empty timeline?

It does yeah, but I just tested though and it works perfectly and its amazing, thanks :smiley:

1 Like
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.