New Chat System Now Live!

Yeah, it’s fine to have an option. Why isn’t it enabled by default though? It seems like a feature that’d be of benefit in all games that use the default chat, and I don’t see how it could cause undesired behavior if it was enabled by default. There’s no reason for it not to be default, but there’s plenty of reason for it to be enabled by default. Players will miss the feature in the games that have it disabled for no reason.

They’re enabled.

@EchoReaper
I personally agree that it should be enabled by default.
However, what’s been decided internally is that the default-new UI will be enabled once it’s completely finalized.

So all of these settings will be enabled by default once the new chat itself is enabled for all places? That’s fine then.

How would you go about turning the setting on when the chat is inserted in play mode? I was going to copy all the contents of Chat and paste them in studio but I want any updates that come out.

Currently you need to enter play solo and copy and paste everything that is in Chat. This is because some of the API may change in the future. When we release the chat, you will only need to copy the ClientChatModules Folder and the ChatSettings module, so you will get updates to everything else. We might look into a way to toggle settings on and off without copying the settings module in the future, but for now one does not exist.

2 Likes

Is it too late? :frowning:
132341587?

edit: meant to reply to @spotco

It’s not too late, the new chat should be live on that place now!

1 Like

Could these games have it too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If possible, 534395508 please. Cheers.

@InceptionTime @Nawmis @Polymorphic
The new chat is live on those places!

2 Likes

concern, is this going to be enabled across places as a default?

if so im concerned that many places will not work correctly, due to Player.Chatted no longer firing. i had to change some code to make admin commands function with the new chat, but legacy games might not get that opportunity.

is this going to be an issue for those games or nah?

2 Likes

This is a bug, Chatted is meant to work with the new chat. This is the type of bug this beta is meant to find, so thanks for the report!

I think the new chat does not work when the topbar is off. I checked Chat.ClientChatModules.ChatSettings and nothing was there to toggle this or so.

This is a beta place, but I would like to test the chat before I put it on the main server:

Hope I’m not too late to the party - currently working on a new game and would love to incorporate this.

1 Like

This seems like a good idea. I will add a setting for this.

2 Likes

devs.PNG

RIP Safe Chat remnants

5 Likes

Theese are missing.
/t (Team chat)
% (Team chat)
/whisper (Whisper)

2 Likes

I’d like to test this! :slight_smile:

Place ID: 371201249

1 Like