New constraints are live!

Well, I have some form of suspension done.

Now to actually make it move.

6 Likes

Threw together a quick plugin if anyone is interested. Allows you to quickly set the attachments for a constraint https://www.roblox.com/Attachment-Setter-item?id=461214827

10 Likes

We will be releasing the constraint / attachment UI very soon!

6 Likes

You sir, are a god.

3 Likes

Will it also work with welds and stuff, since they have some similar properties? It would make welding vehicles together easier for me.

2 Likes

Managed to get a working vehicle going.

Works fairly well on terrain. Used hinges to spin the wheels, but I think Iā€™m going to add a thrust as well to give it a stronger push.

4 Likes

I replicated Newtonā€™s cradle using Rope Contraints, the result is not quite the same.

4 Likes

What is your elasticity on your balls? It needs to be at 1.

6 Likes

It was set at default 0.5. This is what it looks like with elasticity set to 1.

2 Likes

Oh well thatā€™s random :confused:

2 Likes

I wish we already had attachment based welds. But we still have a lot of design to do before we can get that into your hands.

3 Likes

This is pretty fun!

And is playable:

27 Likes

Sick!

2 Likes

Added my constraint-chassis to my old vehicle. So much better.

6 Likes

Does Workspace.PGSPhysicsSolverEnabled need to be true to use these constraints? PrismaticConstraints werenā€™t working in one of my places until I set it to true.

1 Like

Yes these constraints work exclusively under PGS

1 Like

I created a new place and noticed it was on by default. Does that mean thereā€™s no harm in enabling it in my existing places?

1 Like

If you are migrating an existing level, please read:
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Building_with_PGS

3 Likes

Any way we can get a small tutorial for constraints? For some people it is self explanatory, but otherā€™s it isnā€™t. I would recommend a small video tutorial on how to set up some the constraints for their uses like with the car for example or the doors.

2 Likes

Used BallSocketConstraints as couplers on this Eurostar, works great and very stable!

12 Likes