New Property: Decal.Color3

This property works like ImageLabel.ImageColor3. It allows you to change the color of the image on the Decal.

https://gyazo.com/58a2f8c0dc5d0e30ac0b6bf1920f3f46

Spice up your old, boring decals that have been lying around collecting dust and change them into new, hip, vibrant decals by changing their color!

78 Likes

Any plans to add this to Textures? In fact, keeping all of the instances that use images up to date with each other is a perpetual game of cat and mouse. It’d be great if every object with a TextureId/ImageId/etc property had those properties and properties that modified it (Color3, slicing, etc) deprecated and replaced with a generic Image property which has all of the mutators of existing instances encapsulated into the data type assigned to the Image property. Then it’d be trivial to maintain image objects, and we’d get full functionality across all instances.

6 Likes

It already works with textures.

5 Likes

Ah, wasn’t aware of that. Textures aside, the overall features of images on ROBLOX aren’t shared by all instances (decals/textures don’t have slicing capabilities, GUIs don’t have tiling support like Textures, etc) so a generic Image property would still be beneficial.

1 Like

I actually got Texture.Color3 for free when adding Decal.Color3 because the Texture class inherits from Decal.

This would make it more difficult to add new functionality, the rendering code for decals is very different from ImageLabels and this would mean we would need to update both at the same time whenever we wanted to add any new feature for one of them. Implementing things like ImageRectSize and ImageRectOffset for Decals is not easy unfortunately (but we might do it at some point), I don’t think we can make a guarantee of consistent functionality between all Image properties.

1 Like

This is awesome. The only issue I encountered though is that it doesnt work on humanoid heads
repro.rbxl (15.9 KB)

GIF.gif

it works on other parts of the body

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, Humanoid textures are a special case that I missed. I’ll try and fix it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for adding this!

2 Likes

Nice!
I’m still hoping for more improvements for Decals like their position on the part, no 6 surface limit, or properties like glow, light emmision (like for particles) etc.

4 Likes

Except gamer’s grammar was correct.

It was just a random gif I found on Tumblr don’t blame me.

For some reason it didn’t play so I thought it was a static image and you were calling him out on a your/you’re mistake that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Would be even more awesome to finally have color 3 for part colors …i know there are a billion topics about this request but iam still wondering will it cause so many problems ? …since i just now could put 6 decals onto my part and give them a color 3 color of my choice …

2 Likes

Yipee-kee-yai-hee-hay-hee-ai-ey-kai-o!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.