New Roblox items are buggy when released

I’ve been experiencing this issue a lot this year. R+ will notify me of a new item. Refreshing catalog to show all featured items sorted by recently updated, will not show the new item for quite a while, like 5-15 minutes sometimes longer? And by then the item has sold out. This leaves us to use other methods like R+ notifier on twitter to get the link to the item but that link will sometimes take us to the catalog instead of the item page. I could spam refresh that item link and keep being redirected to the catalog. After a while it does work however, but its a huge inconvenience for us who just want to see the item for the first time. It shouldn’t redirect us until after we have bought the item, if its suppose to combat botting. So no, its not doing its job at all, ruining the experience for us who don’t bot items.

2 Likes

I’m ok with items selling out in under a minute, that’s what makes it fun, but I’m not ok with people, myself included, not even being able to get the limited because of redirecting, and bots.

Yes to limiteds with low stock, no to the redirecting error.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think it’d be more enjoyable however if most people had a chance rather than trying to beat a swarm of bots that have purchased the item before the page has loaded

1 Like

If it’s actually humans? Sure. Bots? :-1:

And this is fine in moderation – not every limited. New members need to be able to get an entry into the market somehow.

2 Likes

What if limiteds were released locked under a 5 minute countdown. giving people time to load the page and ready to click the purchase button. This will also give them time to decide if they even want to buy the item instead of what I did with the beastmode today, I just saw that it was breastmode and bought it without a second thought lol.

I should probably mention that it also occurs on this hat, even when you enter the link: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/1831808453/Top-Hat-of-the-Creator

Something I noticed a few weeks ago, and it’s not just a item

The ratio of bots to actual people is extremely small

The people with notifiers are the reason items seem so “botted” these days.

Better release transparency is needed then. I shouldn’t have to install 3rd-party software just to get a shot at buying limiteds.

12 Likes

Usually whenever something new comes out the links always redirect me back to the catalog rather then the item itself and I have to wait a few minutes before the link is completely active.

It’s been around 12 hours and I still can’t open the link being redirected.

They really need to fix this. Its really annoying. and a reason why most people missed the new rbm.