Notifications Stream for Beta Testers!

Should fix now.

1 Like

It appears that if you receive a message (may also apply to FRs) and you go directly to your messages and read the message without opening your notifications then the notification still remains even though you’ve seen what it was notifying you about.

Hi everyone! Just a general update. We’ve released a new type of notification (PMs) and we’ve also released the stream to Android and iOS. Per your feedback, we are allowing users to turn off friend request notifications (meaning any new notifications shouldn’t include any friend request notifications, but your old notifications still remain in the stream).

Lastly, just a note about notifications – they stay in the stream whether you’ve read them or not. They only disappear if they’re no longer true or if you’ve acted on them (e.g. accepted a friend request). We’re color coding notifications to indicate whether you’ve read them or not (white = unread, gray = read), but I think this needs some fine tuning for it to be more obvious.

As always, please let us know if you have any feedback. And in the interest of keeping this thread readable, please try not to post the same feedback. I do read everything.

Best,
Caelestene.

7 Likes

I can’t see them on my iPad Air Safari desktop mode Roblox site.

We don’t support them on mobile browsers, I think, only in app for now. Is there any reason that you choose to use the browser?

I’m fine with the notification remaining but just to clarify my previous post I believe the little red circle with the number of new notifications doesn’t change or go away.

Browser has forums, stat tracking for games and sales, and infinitely easier access to games and people’s profiles.

Oh and also I can view PC games page instead of just mobile games. Helps me keep track od things.

1 Like

Do you mean after you click the stream icon, and the red circle not go away? Is it possible to give me some screenshot of console log in the developer tool? I appreciate that.

Bug with PM notifications: If I visit my Messages page via the sidebar link and read a new message there, the red notification bubble on the notifications stream still doesn’t go away until I open the stream. The notifications are also still considered to be unread until I click on them.

4 Likes

@Cindering’s post above explains what I was trying to say.

2 Likes