Official Roblox Brand Guidelines

*Thank you.

Cmon man.

I always type it ROBLOX though – this is the only downside I see for me

I want to make a joke about posting under a user account instead of the Roblox account but… :man_shrugging:

It feels nice to be validated for saying it ‘Roblox’.

So the debate of “ROBLOX” or “Roblox” has been settled. I’ve been using both over the course of my Roblox career but now I see the true light to this dark realm. Now I wish my autocorrect would agree with how the name should be.

Anyway, these are some pretty specific guidelines. Like really, specific.

me

sorry I felt the need to quote this

Anyway, thank you for the clarification on various topics regarding Roblox brand.

:scream:

Hi! Thanks for giving these specific guidelines so that we can be more successful in representing the Roblox brand. Are there any specific requirements or rules for 3D modeling the Roblox logo? I know a lot of developers do this in their games and wanted to know if there were only graphic rules.

Hi Chris,

The thickness doesn’t matter as long as the Logo is using the correct colors.
See below for an example this is from the anthem video.

Keep in mind that our mission is not to police your content but for Roblox as a brand to be consistently presented as one cohesive brand. Your content as a developer is your own.

Hope this answers your question!

Thanks!

-Eli

Don’t suppose anyone knows if it’s possible to change the letter casing in usernames?

In my defence, I’m pretty sure it always USED to be referred to as “ROBLOX” prior to the rebranding

Yeah, if you change your username with the official site feature, you can change casing. Seeing as on the recent devforums announcements ROBLOX’s name had the new capitalization, I imagine they plan to change it to Roblox eventually.

You should follow the official guidelines. It makes Roblox look more professional.

Looks like discord needs to read up on the rules

Just a question.

What happens if we don’t use these guidelines?

As I said in my previous post.

Keep in mind that our mission is not to police your content but for Roblox as a brand to be consistently presented as one cohesive brand. Your content as a developer is your own.

Is there still a way to get a group name changed to correct the capitalization?

I got this group’s name changed to use “ROBLOX” a long time ago when that was the proper capitalization, but I don’t know if CS allows for group name changes anymore to reverse that decision.

Hey there, I am not an expert nor the bearer of heavy knowledge about this topic, however I do deeply believe that as it is a minor change it wouldn’t be enforced so strictly. On the other hand your group is a large group, which evidently affects thousands of players every day, this may lead to the misconstruction of the Roblox brand for them, therefore if I was part of the Roblox team, I would allow you.

Keep in mind that our mission is not to police your content but for Roblox as a brand to be consistently presented as one cohesive brand.

P.S: This post wasn’t supposed to defend nor get to a point, it just briefly states some of my random thoughts.

Notice the “ROBLOX” that gets embedded with these links.

Woops

It just happens to be that ROBLOX was what was agreed upon and widely used until now. It’s everywhere.

Just commenting on the fact that they call it “Official Roblox Brand Guidelines” yet haven’t changed the brand themselves.

We’re still updating the website.

Is this a suggestion or is it something you are enforcing? If I make a thumbnail for my game that breaks one of these rules is that thumbnail going to be removed? What if my game description refers to the platform as “ROBLOX” instead of “Roblox”? Will you remove or change it?

If I make some art on Twitter with the wrong logo will I be messaged to change it?

I’m all for brand cohesiveness and am more than happy follow these guidelines but it’s important to me to understand to what extent you guys are enforcing this.

Thanks!