Official Roblox Dialogue System and Dialogue Editor Beta

YES PLS

I’ve been struggling with the current one for the last few days

2 Likes

Please let me know how this new one works out for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this be officially integrated into Studio beyond as a plugin?

1 Like

Potentially when it’s out of beta. :slight_smile:

It’s great, but is there a way to zoom out or pan the editor? With my resolution I can only fit about 10 boxes on the screen.

1 Like

Not just billboards

There was a fix that lasted a few hours a while ago but afaik it hasn’t been added back.

1 Like

Yes, holding middle mouse click and moving the mouse (like in most 2D editors) will pan the camera.

Can’t Wait to try this out!

Did y’all need a tutorial to know how to use this thing? Because I just wrote one. Give it a shot!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to test this super cool new feature that I totally have never used before. Thanks David!

1 Like

My studio stopped responding when I clicked the Dialogue Editor button after using Play Solo.
It starts to respond again after a couple of minutes.

Otherwise, very nice! Can’t wait until this gets released.

Question:

Has an abstract interface, allowing you to customise the look and behavior of the client-side however you like

Does this mean it will be customisable (the way you said it was a confusing for me)? I will probably use it but the style doesn’t my game’s style.

That’s strange… what OS are you running? Specs? Is the place huge? I can’t imagine why this might be happening.

And, yes, the UI will be totally 110% customizable.

2 Likes

Awesome!

I’m using Windows 10 with a six-core 3.5GHz AMD processor and 8GB RAM.

The place isn’t large but it has around 15 NPCs and around 20 multi-mesh trees.
Probably smaller than the demo place.

I would like to go ahead and start customizing that theme now actually lol, so it’s prettier and easier on the eyes so people will use it more.

So it IS real. I’m going to love this, I can forsee that. Cheers to the new system.

How did you do the bending arrows? Many individual frames?

Trade secret :wink:

2 Likes

This is amazing. Thanks!

Don’t look in the source code of the plugin, that would ruin the mystery.

7 Likes

Taken. Looks great so far. Keep up the good work.