Old terrain is deprecated and will be removed in January 2017

Aren’t there already properties for that somewhere?

EDIT: Eh, not sure there is:

Property Color3 Terrain.WaterColor
Property float Terrain.WaterTransparency
Property float Terrain.WaterWaveSize
Property float Terrain.WaterWaveSpeed
1 Like

If you have to, use this water as a last resort.

These are the water properties, except you are unable to edit anything that doesn’t have the word “water” in it

Uh, that might be a bug…
or more likely: They only work for smooth terrain water

This is smooth terrain water, the old terrain water doesn’t have water properties.

Your screenshot reminds me a lot of the old terrain though…

1 Like

Somehow I thought that was the old terrain.
Dued1’s screenshot confused me

1 Like

Not sure how this happens - must be an unusual lighting setup or bloom picking up on a slightly brighter reflection. Can you post your Lighting settings and post-effect settings if any?

The angle of the camera determines the brightness of the water.

High angle

Low angle
!193d52b3c5f8bd5625052988671447e9ec780143.PNG

I can get normal looking water when I turn down OutdoorAmbient but the map becomes too dark.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that’s some pretty fly fish you got there.

Also all the post-processing effects I’m using are disabled.

I see. Old water shader had some hacky math to mix in the lighting and I think this is why with different settings you see what you see.

I’ll check if varying water reflectance here will help, but in general setting OutdoorAmbient to pure white is not advised - you get very flat lighting (e.g. on the screenshot with the character it looks completely unlit). You can try balancing the loss of incoming light from setting OutdoorAmbient by setting Lighting.Brightness to 2 or so.

Thinking of shipping this:

22 Likes

What’s least reflectance + most transparent look like? (put some objects beneath water for better comparison?)

25 Likes

Please release this beautiful feature.

2 Likes

It looks like real water

4 Likes

Please do. It’s one of those quality of life things that would make using water with smooth terrain so much better.

2 Likes